Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona
Quote | Reply
Episode 1

http://stages.libsyn.com/ironman-episode-1

Strava I Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link. Should be excellent.

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

Mark Allen Coaching Elite Team http://www.markallencoaching.com,KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ;
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

So dope!
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First episode was pretty good. Not really any new info for this crowd, other than Lance was there spectating the iron war and witnessed Mark Allen pull his run shorts leg over to one side and shit all over the side of the road mid race. LOL!!!

Next two episodes are with Mark and Dave.

Strava I Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds awesome. Funny we never heard about that before.... Wonder if he'll bring it up with Mark?

Can't wait to hear them....
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious to find out how much of a tri geek he is... like how much he knows about the current players, race strategy and dynamics in Kona etc. Maybe it's just basic common knowledge stuff for the average joe who doesn't know anything about triathlon or ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From a combination of listening to his Forward and Stages podcast, I think he's pretty geeky about triathlon. Although I think he "checked out" a bit after his world imploded a few years ago.

EDIT: I haven't listened to this current episode yet so know idea what he actually says about it or even addresses it.
Last edited by: logella: Oct 10, 17 9:10
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know he competed in tris before going pro right? and has raced iron distances after?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I do but he never did a full IM, did not do Kona and he competed in 70.3s half a decade ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He won the Hawaii 70.3 in 2012.

You can't really tell how much he's into the pro race at the moment from the first episode, just mentions Frodeno and Ryf (and mispronounces her name) as the favorites. I'm curious if he gets into this years race with Mark and Dave in the future episodes.

They did say they will do a wrap up show after the race is over.

Strava I Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
From a combination of listening to his Forward and Stages podcast, I think he's pretty geeky about triathlon. Although I think he "checked out" a bit after his world imploded a few years ago.

EDIT: I haven't listened to this current episode yet so know idea what he actually says about it or even addresses it.

The part is in bold.....it is like Hotel California. He can check out any time he likes, but he can never leave....he's got trigeek DNA etched in him no matter how much he tries to turn it off or deny its existence. If not, he does not do this Stages Podcast on Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Likely he will get into it as they will be guests on the podcast. The podcast wasn't anything awesome from information perspective, expcept for one detail I never heard about. He said in Iron War Mark pulled over, squatted and spewed fluids all over. Didn't know that bit (they wouldn't show it or report it obviously in the media) but I wonder if that is where they showed Mark pulling back up to Dave at one point? Lance said he "weasled" onto a media van so had a good front row seat.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
He won the Hawaii 70.3 in 2012.

Lance owns a home on the Kona coast. Perfect location for a race to store and get a re-infusion of blood for him. Put an asterisk next to that one.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Sean H wrote:
He won the Hawaii 70.3 in 2012.


Lance owns a home on the Kona coast. Perfect location for a race to store and get a re-infusion of blood for him. Put an asterisk next to that one.

You must be fun at parties

Strava I Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
He said in Iron War Mark pulled over, squatted and spewed fluids all over.

"Holy shit!" Yep, Lance said it

He saw the predictable joke, and went for it



Death Rides A Pale Cow
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Sean H wrote:
He won the Hawaii 70.3 in 2012.


Lance owns a home on the Kona coast. Perfect location for a race to store and get a re-infusion of blood for him. Put an asterisk next to that one.


You must be fun at parties
I know, imagine not liking dopers? Someone cuts a course and the hung, drawn and quartered but Saint Lance of Ferrari, we really heart him on ST.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Sean H wrote:
He won the Hawaii 70.3 in 2012.


Lance owns a home on the Kona coast. Perfect location for a race to store and get a re-infusion of blood for him. Put an asterisk next to that one.


You must be fun at parties

Oh, too soon?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm enjoying these, but WTF is up with the 2 minute intros with a whole clip of the show that's then repeated later on?!

The CyclingTips podcast do this too and it drives me mad! What the hell is the point? Just get on with it! I don't want to listen to an anecdote completely out of context only to hear the whole thing again later in the show.

It's like the dumbass intro trailers on American TV shows that show all of the good bits of the next 30 minutes in 30 seconds and ruin it for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, just prefer to converse with people who don't have to blurt out controversial topics that are irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I'm sure there are a million lance doping threads on ST, have at it.

Strava I Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you Sean, but that is Triathlon, lots of lame and unoriginal people.
Last edited by: mike s: Oct 12, 17 11:38
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
Likely he will get into it as they will be guests on the podcast. The podcast wasn't anything awesome from information perspective, expcept for one detail I never heard about. He said in Iron War Mark pulled over, squatted and spewed fluids all over. Didn't know that bit (they wouldn't show it or report it obviously in the media) but I wonder if that is where they showed Mark pulling back up to Dave at one point? Lance said he "weasled" onto a media van so had a good front row seat.

I think that's related to the year Mark Allen said he was eating a good amount figs during the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Nope, just prefer to converse with people who don't have to blurt out controversial topics that are irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I'm sure there are a million lance doping threads on ST, have at it.

Lance's doping past is entirely relevant when you post his results* in triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Nope, just prefer to converse with people who don't have to blurt out controversial topics that are irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I'm sure there are a million lance doping threads on ST, have at it.


Lance's doping past is entirely relevant when you post his results* in triathlon.

The fact that he got first was irrelevant to the point I was making in the context of the discussion, so it appears I should have left that out. Were you triggered? Sorry about that.


Can we get back to discussing the podcast now?

Strava I Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Lance doing Stages Podcasts for Kona [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Nope, just prefer to converse with people who don't have to blurt out controversial topics that are irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I'm sure there are a million lance doping threads on ST, have at it.


Lance's doping past is entirely relevant when you post his results* in triathlon.


The fact that he got first was irrelevant to the point I was making in the context of the discussion, so it appears I should have left that out. Were you triggered? Sorry about that.

Can we get back to discussing the podcast now?

No, I don't really care what Lance has to say about triathlon.
Quote Reply

Prev Next