Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lance: I am not banned from life. Period. - LIVESTRONG Series Coming
Quote | Reply
I played in a golf tournament yesterday that benefits LIVESTRONG. Lance was there, played a few holes, and spoke at the lunch event. It was interesting to hear him talk. He had some good stories ("one ball left" in golf is now the "Lance Armstrong"). He also danced around the topic of this thread and noted his message will need to be delivered in a new way. Basically, the same quote that was noted in the Triathlete interview below. Read the last sentence. Watch out WTC, here comes a LIVESTRONG series. Thoughts?

Can you elaborate on your “attempt to be the fittest 40-year old on the planet”? Does it relate to any specific training/racing goals?
LA: Well, as I was reminded today on my trail run with Derick Williamson and Lance Parker – I am 41. Ha! Spotting these fellas a decade. Nonetheless, I have no intention of sitting still regardless [of] what anybody says. I am not banned from life. Period. I will continue to push myself and push others. There are a lot of other physical challenges out there and I plan on finding them and testing myself and continuing to spread the LIVESTRONG message worldwide. Lastly, there has been considerable interest in a separate “stand alone” series of endurance related events benefiting LIVESTRONG so this is something we are actively exploring. Stay tuned.
Last edited by: 3Aims: Sep 25, 12 16:36
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: I am not banned from life. Period. - LIVESTRONG Series Coming [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Others on this forum have predicted a LIVESTRONG series. he certainly has the resources.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: I am not banned from life. Period. - LIVESTRONG Series Coming [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And so it begins...

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: I am not banned from life. Period. - LIVESTRONG Series Coming [bikker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He said that with Radio Shack and several others in the room. All were playing in the tournament. Dude has some supporters in the right places.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if @RaceRadio, @NYVelocity, or @DavidCoyle are to be believed, people won't touch him with a 10 foot pole after the full evidence comes out from the USADA investigation.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A LiveStrong Triathlon Series would do well - IMO
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: I am not banned from life. Period. - LIVESTRONG Series Coming [GoJohnnyGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GoJohnnyGo wrote:

The LiveStrongMan 140.6 Triathlon Series. "You are a LiveStrongMan!"
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: I am not banned from life. Period. - LIVESTRONG Series Coming [GoJohnnyGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GoJohnnyGo wrote:

I think if he did Sprints, Olympics and runs up to 13.1; they all would be wildly accepted. Maybe one marathon located somewhere that would draw people (he'd probably chose Texas though).

I don't think a marathon series, 70.3 or Ironman would do well though.... just opinion. Though with that said, I bet if Livestrong put on an Ironman event; participants would be more than well taken care of in comparison to IM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
He said that with Radio Shack and several others in the room. All were playing in the tournament. Dude has some supporters in the right places.

...and Nike. I could see it actually working and doing fairly well. The only trade off is you won't get a USAT score. [pink]
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: I am not banned from life. Period. - LIVESTRONG Series Coming [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe then it will be time for events with integrity to step up and ban anyone racing in any of his events where he participates.

I'd certainly consider that.

Quote | Reply
Somehow I don't see this series being USAT sanctioned/certified (whatever the correct term is)

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: I am not banned from life. Period. - LIVESTRONG Series Coming [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maddoff will chime someone else's dollars in the new series as soon as he gets out.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: I am not banned from life. Period. - LIVESTRONG Series Coming [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His son rode GFNY last year. Really nice guy.

Quote | Reply
uli wrote:
Maybe then it will be time for events with integrity to step up and ban anyone racing in any of his events where he participates.

I just do not understand why you are saying screw the rules, you want to make them the way you want them to be under the term "integrity"?
I thought you were a guy who followed the rules, and if you did not like them, worked with the process to get them changed.
\

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If LiveStrong can deliver quality events and a decent value then I'm all for it!
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: I am not banned from life. Period. - LIVESTRONG Series Coming [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uli wrote:

In all seriousness, if any RD started banning innocent participants simply because they participate in a Livestrong event, they would immediately be off my list of events in which I would participate.

An extremely short-sided strategy, IMO.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's an absurd comment driven by emotion. Why in the hell would any race not accept someones money because they raced with Lance. He is one man that had the tyrannical leader of one group with a lot of resources after him. This forum amazes me sometimes. Reminds me of a quote from Herman Cain- "Stupid people are ruining America".
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: I am not banned from life. Period. - LIVESTRONG Series Coming [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not a question of strategy, it's a question of integrity. That event would clearly show that it does not support cheaters. Let others be greedy, like that Rev3 FullHalf BS.

Note: only participants in events that Armstrong also races. Don't make assumptions. Read.

Quote | Reply
cmonster wrote:
Reminds me of a quote from Herman Cain- "Stupid people are ruining America".

sic!

Quote | Reply
Oh cruel irony.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: I am not banned from life. Period. - LIVESTRONG Series Coming [cmonster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
quoted for posterity

cmonster wrote:
That's an absurd comment driven by emotion. Why in the hell would any race not accept someones money because they raced with Lance. He is one man that had the tyrannical leader of one group with a lot of resources after him. This forum amazes me sometimes. Reminds me of a quote from Herman Cain- "Stupid people are ruining America".

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
uli wrote:
It's not a question of strategy, it's a question of integrity. That event would clearly show that it does not support cheaters. Let others be greedy, like that Rev3 FullHalf BS.

Note: only participants in events that Armstrong also races. Don't make assumptions. Read.

This isn't about integrity, it is looking for a pound of flesh and wanting to get to Armstrong by punishing the innocent.. Such a strategy only makes you look childish. It will have zero effect in terms of effecting change.

Look, I am not a LA supporter. In fact, I think he is a world-class pr*ck adn am glad the USADA is pursuing their case. But punishing people who participate in events where he is present is just dumb.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: I am not banned from life. Period. - LIVESTRONG Series Coming [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then again... I can just see the aid stations now... Water, De-fizzed Coke, PowerAde, EPO
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: I am not banned from life. Period. - LIVESTRONG Series Coming [Maui5150] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blood bags. Actogevin!
Quote Reply
Re: Lance: I am not banned from life. Period. - LIVESTRONG Series Coming [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a statement if someone supports a bully and a cheater. There is too much choice out there.

Events already decide who they want to have participate. That's exactly where USAT/USAC/USATF sanctioning comes into play. Certain events are obliged to allow certain participants if the event is sanctioned. Vice-versa it's only fair if federations ban athletes competing in non-sanctioned events.

Prev Next