Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lake Placid hotel room available for Ironman weekend
Quote | Reply
Due to injury, I have a room at the Hampton Inn I am looking to transfer. Reservation is Thursday thru Monday, July 21-25. Great location. 1 min walk to swim start. 5 min walk to transition. Across the street from expo.
Any interest?
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid hotel room available for Ironman weekend [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$?
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid hotel room available for Ironman weekend [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$469/night.
Best location in town.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid hotel room available for Ironman weekend [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
$469/night.
Best location in town.

Holy smokes!

I paid 129/night a few times now at the now defunct mountain view inn, not during iron man weekend, I wonder how much that was jacked up then.

2014 P3 DI2 - RT6, CXR80, Power2Max S, 820, Fenix 3 HR. (gone)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stayed there last yr: awesome location, staff really takes care of you and your family. Hotel location really added a lot to our race experience. Wish I was back this year, but not in the plans. Didn't need our car the entire weekend. Price sucks but for some, it's the trip of a lifetime, so if you have the dinero, go for it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: https://swimbikerunrinserepeat.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid hotel room available for Ironman weekend [P90Puma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMLP is the WORST community for reasonable rates during Ironman week.

I got a 2/2 condo in Kona behind the King Kam in walking distance to the pier for $120 less than that per night. And Kona is far more expensive than Lake Placid.

Your held captive in Lake Placid as that nightly rate clearly reflects.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interested. I will PM you with a couple questions
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid hotel room available for Ironman weekend [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan0721 wrote:
IMLP is the WORST community for reasonable rates during Ironman week.

I got a 2/2 condo in Kona behind the King Kam in walking distance to the pier for $120 less than that per night. And Kona is far more expensive than Lake Placid.

Your held captive in Lake Placid as that nightly rate clearly reflects.

I did IMLP 11 times and watched rates go up across the board during that time. Still love LP on non IM week and it is capitalist world so they can gouge as much as they want, but with all the IM options, I don't NEED to go to LP if I want to do an IM driving distance from home, so I give my money to other communities that don't jack up their prices as much on IM week. I keep going back to LP on non IM weeks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
$469/night.
Best location in town.

Oh... And a kidney. Or your first born child. Christ, LP gouges the hell out of that week.