Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lake Placid High Peak Resort King Size Rm: 7/22-7/25
Quote | Reply
Hello!

I'm looking to transfer my king-sized hotel room with view at the High Peak Resort for 3 nights from 7/22-7/25. Unfortunately, I can no longer participate in the Lake Placid Ironman this year due to an injury. I would love to resell my room to someone who can enjoy it.

This is the official hotel of the 2016 Lake Placid Ironman. It is located approx. 5-10 minutes walking distance from the start line. The High Peaks Resort and other nearby hotels like the Crown Plaza are sold out for these dates. If you would like the room, you can call the High Peaks Resort and ask for the booking under "Joshua Huang". Or if easier, please contact me directly. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.

http://www.highpeaksresort.com/

Name of hotel: High Peak Resort
Dates: 7/22-7/25
Room: Superior king size with view
Price: $449/ night; total $1,495.17http://plattsburgh.craigslist.org/vac/5601510425.html

Quote Reply
    Re: Lake Placid High Peak Resort King Size Rm: 7/22-7/25 [jkhuang] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Sucks you can't race. Definitely post this on the Facebook group, there have people posting lately looking for hotels. You may not get the full price from someone, but you should definitely be able to re-coop 80% of that cost. Good luck.

Wow! I didn't realize the hotels were gouging that bad. I jumped on AirBNB last August and got a 2 bedroom house for 6 nights half a mile from transition for $1800...and I thought that price was crazy (and it is compared to what I spent at IMCdA for a house).
    Quote Reply
    Re: Lake Placid High Peak Resort King Size Rm: 7/22-7/25 [HoustonAg] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Thanks for the heads up, HoustonAg. That's a great idea. I posted on the FB page. For sure. This is the best deal I could find for a 3 night stay within walking distance to the start. Thanks for the support!
    Quote Reply
    Re: Lake Placid High Peak Resort King Size Rm: 7/22-7/25 [jkhuang] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Sorry you can't race. I booked the Crowne Plaza Resort in Oct. Minimum 4 nights stay for ~1800. High way robbery... until I cross the finish line on 7/24 and realize I don't have to drive home. =)

I wish I knew about that place. I couldn't find anything less than 4 nights. Airbnbs and Tripadvisor locations had inflated their prices for IMLP too.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Lake Placid High Peak Resort King Size Rm: 7/22-7/25 [reducedguilt] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    I hear you, reducedguilt. Good luck with the race!! Sad I can't do it, but sitting it out means I come back healthy sooner. I would be interested to know if it's the same hotel situation for other east coast Ironmans. My reasoning is I would save on airfare and bike transport because I live in NY.

Update on my posting: Please notify me first if you plan to take the room so the hotel can verify I release my hotel to you. Thanks in advance for your time!
    Quote Reply