Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lake Placid - Prague Motor Inn - FYI
Quote | Reply
This can only impact a handful of folks, but wanted to get the info out there.

The Prague Motor Inn is apparently closed. The owner/operator (Charlie) passed away the end of April.

We had tried to make reservations for this past weekend (we're already booked/paid for Ironman week). After unsuccessfully making any contact with the PMI (phone/email), we reached out to the Lake Placid Visitors Bureau. They informed us of Charlie's passing.

This past weekend we stopped by the PMI to see if anyone was there, give condolences, and find out if there were any plans to open. Just a paper on the office door saying closed... The locals we spoke with mentioned it was unclear who now even owns the property.

A sad situation.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid - Prague Motor Inn - FYI [WatsonNh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow that is sad. I stayed there quite a few times over the years for training weekends as well as for IM week, Charlie was such a nice guy.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sad to hear, hopefully will be purchased and reopened
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just did a quick tally and over the last 17 years I have done 31 trips to LP between racing, and training camps. The community really opens their doors to us and the owners of the various establishments that house us, love our presence. Sorry to hear about Charlie's passing. While I never stayed there, he's part of the community that welcomes ours, so a piece of our collective connection to the community is lost. RIP.
Quote Reply