Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lake Logan This Weekend
Quote | Reply
Any other ST'rs going to be at Lake Logan this weekend. Herbert, saw you will be there for the sprint. I am racing the International Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Logan This Weekend [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not in it this year but did it last year. If you have not done it before, be prepared to hang around after the race as roads out get blocked. Additionally, there is no cell service at the race site. Otherwise, it is a great event in a beautiful environment.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Logan This Weekend [songmak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
songmak wrote:
Not in it this year but did it last year. If you have not done it before, be prepared to hang around after the race as roads out get blocked. Additionally, there is no cell service at the race site. Otherwise, it is a great event in a beautiful environment.

Yeah....last year the half and international were on the same day. They have changed it up this year so hopefully that will help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am doing the half on Saturday. I did the international the first two years it was held. I am slow enough that maybe the roads will not be an issue when I finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doing the Half on Saturday. Never been to Lake Logan before.....interested to see if the location lives up to the hype.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Logan This Weekend [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The swim alone will live up to the hype; however, be careful in the last few hundred meters. You go under a bridge towards the end and end up more in the canal part of the lake. Last year the temperature drop was pretty noticeable which then caused a lot of folks to cramp in their legs (me included and I am someone that never cramps in my legs). I am not sure how you prepare for it but at least you can plan for it as I spent most of the bike trying to understand why it happened.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you swim into the river feeding the lake it does get noticable colder. The first year I was not expecting it but was more mentally prepared the second year. Considering all of the water around raleigh is in the low to mid 80's there is no way to get totally prepared. But it is a short distance in the river before you get out.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Logan This Weekend [triguy1956] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy1956 wrote:
When you swim into the river feeding the lake it does get noticable colder. The first year I was not expecting it but was more mentally prepared the second year. Considering all of the water around raleigh is in the low to mid 80's there is no way to get totally prepared. But it is a short distance in the river before you get out.

Water is warm this year.....and the creek/river is apparently down to a trickle. 78 3 feet from shore this morning. So a ten reading from middle
Of lake will still make it ws legal but the temp drop under the bridge shouldn't be as drastic. Was told the water past the bridge is very low.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there for the international on Sunday...and coming with three friends, all from Florida. Looking forward to some cooler temps and at least a little elevation change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great race venue, did the international distance in 2012 and 2013. Missed last year's race. Did IMLP 2 weeks ago, feel pretty good this week getting back on the bike and run, so just pulled the trigger on the international entry. Can't wait.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: https://swimbikerunrinserepeat.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just signed up this week. Will get there Saturday mid day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there for the half on Saturday. Looking forward to this venue. I have heard nothing but great reviews about this event.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pondering showing up to spectate one or both days.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful course, you will not be disappointed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will also be racing the Olympic on Sunday—excited to race in my back yard! Wish I was doing the half but alas have IMMT the following weekend.

Rusch Racing | website | @maggieru | Instagram
Ask me about: Alto Cycling | Cuore | Base Performance | XTERRA Wetsuits | Cadence Run Company | First Bourn. Coached by: Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: Lake Logan This Weekend [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any water temp reports?
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Logan This Weekend [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
75F yesterday, official reading tomorrow morning but expect it to be WS legal with the low temps lately
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racing the half Saturday and contemplating the international on Sunday. I've done the international race the last 7 years, so hard to imagine missing it. Favorite international distance course in the southeast. The run up hill for 3 miles then back down along the river is fabulous. I usually cap the day off by riding back to my parents' place in Asheville via the BRP.

Great venue, but traffic and cell service do suck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was signed up for the half, but had to defer to next year due to injury.

Good Luck all, it will be interesting to see times posted afterwards.

----------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Logan This Weekend [mountainman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drove the course today. The middle middle portion from mile 25 on is a lot more challenging and technical than I expected. Should be fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Logan This Weekend [deh20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pondering riding back to AVL from the Oly on Sunday.

Want some company?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did not have the best race yesterday. Love the venue. Thinking of doing the International next year. Please tell me that they cleaned the toilets after the half yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy1956 wrote:
Did not have the best race yesterday. Love the venue. Thinking of doing the International next year. Please tell me that they cleaned the toilets after the half yesterday.

Fresh toilets this morning. I was seriously concerned about that yesterday. Sorry I missed you Saturday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to know about the toilets. Sorry we did not connect also. Must not had my nutrition correct. No energy off the bike and bagged it after the first run loop. The half bike course is a different animal than the International. They made it as flat as possible but still some good climbs especially at mile 42. I will be back for one of the races next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree, great venue. 2nd most scenic swim course I've seen next to IM Whistler. Challenging bike course. Plus I was a complete puss on the run course so my race sucked but it was a good event.
Quote Reply

Prev Next