Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LG p-06 Steal or stupid
Quote | Reply
Looking at new TT helmets as my very old Giro Advantage (not A2) has me half worried I'll be kicked out of transition.... Plus it feels a little big since at the time I was a poor college student and got what I could afford.

Now, I'd like something bad ass, or maybe even an aero helmet but I was wondering. Is the LG-p06 still a good helmet? It's on Nashbar for $59.99 and sometimes cheaper depending on the price. So if I pulled the trigger is that getting a steal or stupid?

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: LG p-06 Steal or stupid [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the LG-p06 still a good helmet--for you? I don't know. Probably doesn't qualify as badass at this stage. *Generally* the P09 is considered the superior lid, but it depends on your physique/position. You can read through several wind tunnel/aerolab stories about how folks were surprised their old A2 beat all the new models, or how the new P09 saved them 2 min over 40k. Just depends. But, for $60 it's hard to imagine getting a cheaper helmet, and I'd certainly try it out since you sound like you're less cash-strapped than before. Probably not stupid, and might be a steal. Worst case, you have a backup helmet. YMMV. -J

----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is tough. But it's tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The P-09 is far more tested than the P-06. I'm not really sure what the differences are between the two. Frankly, I'm inclined to say that your "safest" choice for aero is to buy a Giro Advantage 2. It tests pretty well for most people on a fairly consistent basis. It's also light and reasonably well ventilated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
Looking at new TT helmets as my very old Giro Advantage (not A2) has me half worried I'll be kicked out of transition.... Plus it feels a little big since at the time I was a poor college student and got what I could afford.

Now, I'd like something bad ass, or maybe even an aero helmet but I was wondering. Is the LG-p06 still a good helmet? It's on Nashbar for $59.99 and sometimes cheaper depending on the price. So if I pulled the trigger is that getting a steal or stupid?

The A2 is fine, but if you really want a new helmet I think you have to start at the Giro Aerohead. Amazing to see just how many professionals are wearing it now. Some brief thoughts after using it for 6 months now.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply