Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LG Course
Quote | Reply
I am in the market for a new road helmet. Has anyone tried the Louis Garneau Course helmet? There aren't many reviews on the interwebs but from what I did read this seems like a nice helmet.

Here are the things I look for in a helmet (most important to least important):
1. safety
2. best airflow (TX summers are HOT)
3. comfort
4. aesthetics
5. aerodynamics

Assuming all helmets are equally safe I would say that the airflow/cooling is the most important.

Any LG Course owners care to chime in or does anyone have another recommendation?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: LG Course [inaba116] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like mine. Comfortable. Wore it in Kona and it felt great in the heat.

Quote | Reply
Pretty much ticks all the boxes. I really like mine. First hot day on Sunday at around 77 degree and never once did I feel like my head was hot on any of the longish climbs we did.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got one tonight and loved it. Good ventilation and I feel it fits better than my Giro. Downside it doesn't fit sunglasses as well as the Giro.
Quote Reply
Re: LG Course [hvywghttrigy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hvywghttrigy wrote:
Downside it doesn't fit sunglasses as well as the Giro.

Sunglasses don't fit well when you are wearing them or when you take them off and put them in your helmets vents?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
inaba116 wrote:
Assuming all helmets are equally safe I would say that the airflow/cooling is the most important.

It is very comfy with lots of airflow. It is also expensive though. If it is just for training there are lots of other options. You aren't going to substantively change how hot you get via road helmet choice. Sort of a red herring there.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounded right in my head.

Sunglasses don't fit well in the vents, a little snug since the vents that they fit in are a little tighter. They can still go in the vents just not as easy as my Giro.
Quote Reply
Re: LG Course [hvywghttrigy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all of the feedback everyone! Just found it at Competetive Cyclist for 50% off and free shipping. Can't beat that.
Quote Reply