Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kristian Blummenfelt has a new bike sponsor, testing out a tt rig (pics)
Quote | Reply
Kristian Blummenfelt is taking Bahrain 70.3 seriously.
He has a new bike sponsor to help in out and is now doing testing on his new rig.
The bike sponsor is Specialized.

Kristian has been so nice to send me some picture from the test in Bergen today.

Quote Reply
Re: Kristian Blummenfelt has a new bike sponsor, testing out a tt rig (pics) [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Kristian Blummenfelt is taking Bahrain 70.3 seriously.
He has a new bike sponsor to help in out and is now doing testing on his new rig.
The bike sponsor is Specialized.

Kristian has been so nice to send me some picture from the test in Bergen today.

Le sigh...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Kristian Blummenfelt has a new bike sponsor, testing out a tt rig (pics) [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... and his position in that picture looks shitty. Just sayin'.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Kristian Blummenfelt has a new bike sponsor, testing out a tt rig (pics) [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
... and his position in that picture looks shitty. Just sayin'.

exactly. at first glance he's a long and low guy on a narrow tall bike with not enough reach, or perhaps he's on a size too small Shiv. I'd put him on a bigger Shiv with the Profile or Enve -25 stem.

that said, he's going to crush no matter what or how he rides.

ETA: He's holding his extensions ALL wrong.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericMPro: Nov 10, 17 11:32
Quote Reply
Re: Kristian Blummenfelt has a new bike sponsor, testing out a tt rig (pics) [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Eric,
I have similar extensions to these. What is the optimal hand position to hold them?
Quote Reply
Re: Kristian Blummenfelt has a new bike sponsor, testing out a tt rig (pics) [TriathlonVR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonVR wrote:
Hey Eric,
I have similar extensions to these. What is the optimal hand position to hold them?

not ''holding'' them at all
Quote Reply
Re: Kristian Blummenfelt has a new bike sponsor, testing out a tt rig (pics) [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
TriathlonVR wrote:
Hey Eric,

Yep. They should hold you

Quote Reply
Re: Kristian Blummenfelt has a new bike sponsor, testing out a tt rig (pics) [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
TriathlonVR wrote:
Hey Eric,

Thanks folks. Any images as an example? I tend to rest my hands on the top of the extension, without taking a full grip. I never feel that i’m levering against the bars and pulling them towards me, if anything, I’d say i’m very lightly pushing the bars away.
Quote Reply
Re: Kristian Blummenfelt has a new bike sponsor, testing out a tt rig (pics) [TriathlonVR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonVR wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
TriathlonVR wrote:
Hey Eric,

Thanks folks. Any images as an example? I tend to rest my hands on the top of the extension, without taking a full grip. I never feel that i’m levering against the bars and pulling them towards me, if anything, I’d say i’m very lightly pushing the bars away.

that sounds about right

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sad too see his talent partly wasted on that bike.

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply
Re: Kristian Blummenfelt has a new bike sponsor, testing out a tt rig (pics) [mortysct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see him on a Shiv TT

mortysct wrote:
Sad too see his talent partly wasted on that bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
TriathlonVR wrote:
Hey Eric,

This sounds like something Chubs would say to Happy Gilmore. Oh, and you also have to imagine your aero bars in a "happy place" with all your favorite people!

PS: I'm not saying it's wrong, is just a funny way of telling (or not telling) someone how to do something.

Powertap / Cycleops / Saris
Quote Reply
Re: Kristian Blummenfelt has a new bike sponsor, testing out a tt rig (pics) [Tulkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tulkas wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
TriathlonVR wrote:
Hey Eric,

This sounds like something Chubs would say to Happy Gilmore. Oh, and you also have to imagine your aero bars in a "happy place" with all your favorite people!

PS: I'm not saying it's wrong, is just a funny way of telling (or not telling) someone how to do something.

you'd be surprised, my methods seem to work.

I can't tell you how awesome it is when the light bulb goes on and clients start getting pissed that they've been working for their bike all this time instead of the other way around

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't doubt it! In fact, I'm sure I'm doing it a little wrong too (one of the days I'll do a "fix my fit" thread and get some feedback), but it didn't come across as particularly helpful in those four words. I actually thought you were joking at first.

Powertap / Cycleops / Saris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasn’t sure what you meant at first, but it kind of makes sense. I keep my hands relaxed so that my shoulders don’t tense up. Are the aero costs of hand position individual to each persons bike fit? Or have you found a “best fit” for this style of extensions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

I am not a big Shiv connaisseur. What is the difference ?
Quote Reply
Re: Kristian Blummenfelt has a new bike sponsor, testing out a tt rig (pics) [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shiv Tri - bike you see in picture
Shiv TT - time trial bike

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Kristian Blummenfelt has a new bike sponsor, testing out a tt rig (pics) [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Shiv TT is a long and low bike that the World Tour teams use on time trial stages... Shiv Tri is narrow and tall and often hard to get low on for someone with an A+ position who isn't long legged short torsoed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
marcag wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Shiv TT is a long and low bike that the World Tour teams use on time trial stages... Shiv Tri is narrow and tall and often hard to get low on for someone with an A+ position who isn't long legged short torsoed

Makes sense. A few weeks ago I was involved in a test and we were to test a Shiv. I expected the bike I had seen in the IM world. This is what was there

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great before pics. Please show us the final position. Thanks.

Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite (yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away) -Stephen Roche's reply when asked whether he was okay after collapsing at the finish in the La Plagne stage of the 1987 Tour
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Makes sense. A few weeks ago I was involved in a test and we were to test a Shiv. I expected the bike I had seen in the IM world. This is what was there

Which would be a good bike if the bars were a lot more versatile. 2 pad offset positions doesn't go very far...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His 86.9 vo2 was impressive as well

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Kristian Blummenfelt has a new bike sponsor, testing out a tt rig (pics) [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
His 86.9 vo2 was impressive as well

Blu is not afraid of sharing his results. I think his vo2 is higher now.
I am also sure that all the ITU guys have vo2 at a 85-90 level.

But when it comes to using testing Blu is an active user. He and his training now has a lot of data all way back to his junior days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
except that the slowtwitch braintrust have already determined that he's triathloning all wrong, so i'm sure he'll go back to the drawing board tonight.

you're welcome, kristian!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Kristian Blummenfelt has a new bike sponsor, testing out a tt rig (pics) [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude, nobody said that

iron_mike wrote:
except that the slowtwitch braintrust have already determined that he's triathloning all wrong, so i'm sure he'll go back to the drawing board tonight.

you're welcome, kristian!

Quote Reply

Prev Next