Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Koobi 232T dimensions
Quote | Reply
Yo ST´ers

Does any of you ride the Koobi 232T saddle and could measure a bit for me. Hopefully in cm - otherwise I´ll do the conversion.

Back max (or min on some saddles) on the rails to the tip of the nose, is the measurement I need. Just to compare with my BT Hilo RXL

Also any experience with this saddle - comfortable? does the "slide control" work?

Best regards

Martin Lohse

Unfortunantly my season is over with and ACL tear :(
Quote Reply
Re: Koobi 232T dimensions [MartinLohse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Koobi 232T saddle. Not sure if I'm answering your questions right, but...

Nose of the saddle measured to the rear/max of rail is 165mm
Nose of the saddle measured to the front/min of rail is 90mm

There are no markers on the actual rails that actually state "max" or "min" like some other saddles usually have. So the measurements above are from where the rail makes the bend up to the saddle.

I've found the saddle quite comfortable. I'm not sure what you mean by the "slide control". I'm not slipping on it if that's what you mean. (butt traction is acceptable) :)

I do not have the optional hydration module for the rear, however I did mount a single water bottle cage there with one bolt into that modules' spot.
Quote Reply
Re: Koobi 232T dimensions [stomponafrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - that was just the information I needed.

By slide control I am referring to Prologo version of you not sliding forward.

On pictures of the saddle, it looks like the black surface on the saddle will provide som resistance, so you won´t slide forward. Can you confirm that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
or and also the front - could you measure the width at 0 cm, 5 cm and 10 cm from tip of nose.
Last edited by: MartinLohse: May 3, 17 11:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Black surface of the saddle and sliding... the black surface has a bit of texture (where the short angled lines are toward the rear of the saddle). Not too much texture though; not a gripping surface. I don't feel like I slide forward or anything like that.

Width measurements: tip of saddle nose is 45mm wide, 5cm from the nose tip is 50mm wide, and 10cm from the tip is about 70mm wide. I say "about" on the last measurement because there is some curvature of the saddle there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am very delighted with your replies.

With you dimenssion my setback til change 1 cm. Atm I am 2 cm in front of BB, with the koobi I will be 1 cm in front of BB.

What about the with of the cutout and length.

As for now, no one is selling the Koobi 232T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
As for now, no one is selling the Koobi 232T

Not sure I'm allowed to solicit in here but I had a new one listed in classifieds awhile back. If you are interested PM me or find the post in classifieds I guess. I'd have to see if I can find it.

They don't make them anymore ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Koobi 232T dimensions [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohhh Leddy, I forgot to mention I am living in Denmark :)

No one in DK is selling Koobi saddles.

Any reason why you are selling the saddle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That makes sense. I went to the website and they seemed like they are still for sale.

No real reason. Never put it on a bike. Found one that was fairly comfortable. The only reason I kept the Koobi is it just looks comfortable and I wanted to try it. Never got the nerve to switch it myself and was too lazy to bring it to shop with me. I originally had a joff 55 which didn't work for me.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tried the JOF 55 as well - it is killing my lower parts. First 20 min is very comfortable, but then everything just hurts.
Had a demo for 3 months.

What saddle are you on atm?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Bontrager Hilo RXL but I'd have to double check that.

I liked the 55 when I bought the bike and was fit. First ride didn't go well. It just never got comfortable. Used it for less then a year I think including one half. It just always hurt in the same spot no matter what I did.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like we a pretty similar. I am also on the Bontrager Hilo RXL Speed-Dial. Very comfortable, but I get a bit of chafing - I am considering changing the width.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't rode in awhile but I think I remember on longer rides getting a little. But no where near as bad as the Cobb. I just couldn't get far enough forward to make it work from what I was able to figure out.

Good luck with switching if you do and if you think of it let me know how it worked out.

Quote Reply