Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona to Maui "Double"?
Quote | Reply
Anyone done or have advice for doing the Kona to xterra Worlds double? It looks like 3 weeks between the race s and although both are aerobic sports they require different attributes to be trained.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona to Maui "Double"? [vikingmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How so? They're both SBR's aren't they?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona to Maui "Double"? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One is a sustained aerobic race where the key is consistent pacing without spikes and a duration of ~10 hours. The other is repeated supra threshold efforts with repeated coasting and a duration of ~3 hours.

Saying that the are both swim, bike, run is akin to saying an ultra and a 5k are both running. That is a true statement which obscures the differences.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have a nice day.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona to Maui "Double"? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
have a nice day.

Did I come off as offensive? I promise I didn't mean to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lots pull it off. i'd say prep for Kona and then just make sure you ride your MTB every once in a while. The new Maui course might as well be a road course. It's not like the old course.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Kona to Maui "Double"? [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

More Supratheshold work, more climbing on the bike? Plus more strength repeats running?
Last edited by: vikingmd: Aug 3, 15 20:53
Quote Reply