Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kona Swim Smack down 2018 Amburger vs Potts vs Charles
Quote | Reply
Kona is months away but we already got some great smack talk from the swimmers! Potts claims he could take Amberger and Lucy Charles bites back with a 400 free challenge!
Who do you have for the wins and what time, and who is going to live stream from Kona??

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Swim Smack down 2018 Amburger vs Potts vs Charles [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice to see! Sometimes triathlon, and sports in general becomming too correct.

Is there btw any IM races where male and female pros start together? I would love to see how well Charles and Brondon could hang on to e.g. Amberger.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Swim Smack down 2018 Amburger vs Potts vs Charles [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love everything about this.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Swim Smack down 2018 Amburger vs Potts vs Charles [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AFAIK no IM branded races have same starts, but xtri events do and I’m guessing a lot more. Doubt we will see these guys and gals in one of those races though.
I do think that it would work well with male/female start in Kona.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
amberger would take them i rekon....quite handily to ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Swim Smack down 2018 Amburger vs Potts vs Charles [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amberger was previously 2:06 for 200 free and 4:16 for 400, Lucy Charles split 2:08 on route to her 8:48 800 in the trials 2012 so I would say they are very even.
If we are lucky maybe he'll chime in ;)

Last edited by: oscaro: Jan 15, 18 4:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Amberger was previously 2:06 for 200 free and 4:16 for 400, Lucy Charles split 2:08 on route to her 8:48 800 in the trials 2012 so I would say they are very even.
If we are lucky maybe he'll chime in ;)

Are those really Amberger's times? That's not that quick if they are.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Swim Smack down 2018 Amburger vs Potts vs Charles [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are the ones he told Slowtwitch back in 2012, however it must be noted that it seems he was 13 when he swam those times.
http://www.slowtwitch.com/Interview/Travels_with_Josh_Amberger_2956.html

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Those are the ones he told Slowtwitch back in 2012, however it must be noted that it seems he was 13 when he swam those times.
http://www.slowtwitch.com/Interview/Travels_with_Josh_Amberger_2956.html

LOL.

I don't think those count then!

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brad Culp has a pretty good twitter feed. This zinger a bit further down his twitter from Frodeno... ouch.

Jan Frodeno‏Verified account @janfrodeno
FollowFollow @janfrodeno
More
With that being said, I‘m off to Europe for a couple of days. No giving birth without me @emmasnowsill - apparently Salbutamol helps relax contractions. Any word on that @chrisfroome ?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Swim Smack down 2018 Amburger vs Potts vs Charles [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha no maybe not, but I couldn’t find any info on his all time pr’s so had to go with that.
How fast would you recon he has gone? Sub 2?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Haha no maybe not, but I couldn’t find any info on his all time pr’s so had to go with that.
How fast would you recon he has gone? Sub 2?

That may be as fast as he has gone, I think he's just done OW and distance stuff since then.

I'm sure he could have gone sub-2 pretty handily.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Swim Smack down 2018 Amburger vs Potts vs Charles [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
I love everything about this.

Yes its good to see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it would be rather competitive. Sure Potts is older now, but he also doesn't show us his swim prowess anymore as part of his race strategy. Potts can most definitely still fly.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Swim Smack down 2018 Amburger vs Potts vs Charles [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
I think it would be rather competitive. Sure Potts is older now, but he also doesn't show us his swim prowess anymore as part of his race strategy. Potts can most definitely still fly.

Agreed, but IIRC Josh outswum Potts everytime they raced a triathlon. Not just recently.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Swim Smack down 2018 Amburger vs Potts vs Charles [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Potts began the slow and steady approach around 2013, was Josh still mulling around the ITU in those days? I really don't know, I don't know Josh's career timeline that well. Not to say that Josh isn't a phenomenal swimmer, but something tells me Potts races at maybe 75% of his capabilities.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Swim Smack down 2018 Amburger vs Potts vs Charles [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
Potts began the slow and steady approach around 2013, was Josh still mulling around the ITU in those days? I really don't know, I don't know Josh's career timeline that well. Not to say that Josh isn't a phenomenal swimmer, but something tells me Potts races at maybe 75% of his capabilities.

Maybe Josh himself can chime in and let us know.

I think Potts swam a lot more in the pool, so I'd probably bet my money on him if we are talking a 400m free or something.
Open water triathlon swim? Tough call!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:

I don't think you can put a percentage on it, but he basically does as little as possible to come out with the lead group. He said he even did some backstroke during kona this year to see where the next group was behind them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Josh beat Potts out of the water by a minute in Des Moines 2011

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andy beat Josh in the swim at Alcatraz in 2014

http://www.josh-amberger.com/...escape-from-alcatraz

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tough swim, perhaps Josh is better in calmer conditions?
Either way it would be epic to see the swim off though I doubt Potts will agree. Maybe we could get a Burgs vs Charles matchup though which would still be amazing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both Josh and Andy are TYR athletes, it might not be that far fetched. Perhaps a charity component would get Potts involved, I think we would all love to see it.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I for one am only watching if they are racing a shark...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Swim Smack down 2018 Amburger vs Potts vs Charles [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I reckon Charles beats them both, maybe even Gomez comes out the water 1st in Kona this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what this thread is telling us is that we need to work on our swim to score a date with Lucy Charles. I guess I gotta double my swim mileage and get an extra lung or two.

oscaro wrote:
Kona is months away but we already got some great smack talk from the swimmers! Potts claims he could take Amberger and Lucy Charles bites back with a 400 free challenge!
Who do you have for the wins and what time, and who is going to live stream from Kona??
Quote Reply

Prev Next