Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona Mechanic
Quote | Reply
Hello, just curious if anyone knows of a good mechanic in Kona (for race week) that may have spare time on 10/11 or 10/12. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Mechanic [JSJSJS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sure they can help you :)
https://www.velofix.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
most of the mechanics that are in Kona are great. Typically your bike manufacturer (if they are there) will do work gratis. Or your component mfr (SRAM/Shimano/etc). The folks from CeramicSpeed are also typically incredibly gracious, though I would not presume to offer their services for free if you do not have some CS parts on your bike.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Visit our Ceepo Booth near Uncle Billy's. We will have 3 mechanics there starting the week before the race.

Steven Harad
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Mechanic [CEEPO USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THANK YOU!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I highly recommend Nick Nelson/Velofix Hawaii. Nick has been working on my bikes for about 5 years (he was with Bike Works prior to starting the Velofix franchise in Kona).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the past the expo has had Cervelo mechanics that if owning a Cervelo, have kindly tweaked anything I've needed. Plus, you get a special edition Kona Cervelo t-shirt at bike drop off if you have a Cervelo. Many travel groups bring mechanics like PPS--they're not always busy so flip them a few bucks & the been happy to help. They have a tent in front of Hugo's on the Rocks/Royal Kona Resort most years....it's a grassy point under trees--on the seaside of Ali'i Dr. Bike Works has been a big shop with much activity, not sure if they're still up on the highway. They cracked my steerer tube hand torquing the stem one year so make sure you watch what the mechanics are doing and insist on torque specs with proper tools. Aside from that, bring a multi tool & learn about fixing bikes--lots of small things you can do yourself. The expo has a lot of repair stands in tents so talk to some of those guys, many are just hanging around during slow times.
Quote Reply