Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kona Lottery
Quote | Reply
l have entered Kona lottery. l know l have to validate it with Ironman branded race. Unfortunately for me, l live in Southeast. Well not for anything except ironman 70.3. The only 2 that fit into the time frame after lottery drawing and before deadline and within 1000 miles are both sold out.
So here is the stupid question. lf by some miracle that l get a ticket, will they let me into a sold out race? l am betting not. Full ironman is out of question as l am already doing my first full in June.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [bubbahhi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It has to be a race that's open. They won't let you into a sold out race.

Looks like you'll be traveling to validate if you get in.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your full in June will validate you.

without looking at the small print I think you have under about August to Validate

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The way I am reading the OP, his June race isn't under WTC thus doesn't count, and which begsthe question of why you would enter if you cannot validate.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
l can validate. Just do not want to drive 1000 miles to do it. Was hoping beyond hope that they would let get us in. But figured that was long shot at best.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
The way I am reading the OP, his June race isn't under WTC thus doesn't count, and which begsthe question of why you would enter if you cannot validate.

There are ways around everything. I know a guy who got a lottery a few years ago in Australia and there was at the time no races in Australia to even do to validate from the announcement to Kona.

They let him run a marathon.

But then again he had done 6 Ironman's before that. Just none in the 12 months before Kona.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can do an IM 70.3 to validate as well. A lot more of those around and usually easy to get a spot on the start line.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Last edited by: rbuike: Mar 30, 14 16:39
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raliegh and Eagleman are the only 70.3 races in South after the drawing and before deadline.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok either you want to race kona or you don't
i would travel many miles if i were to get that golden ticket

why did you not sign up for a race that would validate you lottery slot even if you don't get se\lected?

D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
email outs have begun. I have a few mates that got the email saying they are in for 2014

Rhymenocerus wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
email outs have begun. I have a few mates that got the email saying they are in for 2014

I didn't think e-mails were going out until noon tomorrow (4/15). Not holding out much hope, but much better than winning the regular lottery!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
PJC wrote:

I didn't think e-mails were going out until noon tomorrow (4/15). Not holding out much hope, but much better than winning the regular lottery!

I don't know. Win the normal lotto and just buy an ebay slot.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:

Those emails are a scam or mistake.

They don't release anything until tomorrow at noon(et)
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [TylerJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"...we will announce the winners on Tuesday, April 15th at 12 p.m. EST." - from IM site

Two hours to go.......
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1hr....

Not expecting anything though.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [Stock R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm more concerned with getting a place to stay this late than actually doing the race (if I do get in).
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [scriurus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am more nervous about this next hour of waiting than I was toeing the line at 70.3 Florida this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [GA_TRI_DAWG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got an Ironman Foundation email yesterday afternoon which I took as my lottery rejection.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
I got an Ironman Foundation email yesterday afternoon which I took as my lottery rejection.

My thought exactly when I received the email. 17 times I tried and 17 rejections. Will try #18 next year!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
3Aims wrote:

My thought exactly when I received the email. 17 times I tried and 17 rejections. Will try #18 next year!

I know too many like you (decade + lottery entries) to get any hope up. I'll be broken down and/or burned out when my time comes.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remain eternally optimistic!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Johnny. I hope you get in.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [cjbruin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of Johns but not a single Matt. 0 for 6 years, time to firm up the fall race plans and travel...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [thndrmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn. 0 for 3.

Congrats to the Lottery and Legacy winners. Enjoy!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Lottery [aztri81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where did you find the list
Quote Reply

Prev Next