Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Know of a tri suit without elastic, for pool training.
Quote | Reply
So with summer coming on in my part of the globe it's back into the outdoors for swimming, which also sometimes means sunburn for me, so I would like to cover my top half (not worried about sleeves). Does anyone know of a trisuit that is made for use in chlorinated water? I would prefer to go one piece over two, but will look at whatever's available. I have had a reasonable search, but no luck yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Know of a tri suit without elastic, for pool training. [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sharkbait_au wrote:
So with summer coming on in my part of the globe it's back into the outdoors for swimming, which also sometimes means sunburn for me, so I would like to cover my top half (not worried about sleeves). Does anyone know of a trisuit that is made for use in chlorinated water? I would prefer to go one piece over two, but will look at whatever's available. I have had a reasonable search, but no luck yet.

Sorry, can't help on the tri suit. However, I solved this same issue by getting a long sleeve rash guard. Although it's skin tight, I'm sure there's a little drag but it's better than sunscreen. Mine's made by O'Neill.
Quote Reply
Re: Know of a tri suit without elastic, for pool training. [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've so far discovered the speedo slim fit sun top, which is made out of their endurance fabric, same as my togs. Will probably end up going with that. I just hope it doesn't leave a gap at the waist. That's why I'm looking for a one piece, in the past rashies have ridden up on me, so I'm still prone to a burn strip.
Quote Reply
Re: Know of a tri suit without elastic, for pool training. [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just use waterproof spray sunscreen.

Elisha
"Triathlon doesn't build character. It reveals it."
Quote Reply
Re: Know of a tri suit without elastic, for pool training. [f_ahsile04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It just doesn't seem to last for me :( I haven't yet splashed out on the really expensive stuff that's supposed to last 8 hours though, the prices I have seen mean that a rashie is actually a cheaper option, and I'm not worried about leaving an oil slick in the pool. What product do you use?
Last edited by: sharkbait_au: Sep 1, 14 16:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Neutrogena Wet Skin spray - I use it for my open water swimming in the bay and also for my arms/legs on the bike and run. Used it yesterday after a crazy hot/humid 3hr bike ride where I was sweating like crazy and no sunburn minus a small spot I missed on the back of my arm because I was in a hurry. I think the "wet skin" is a new product this year... may have come out late last year. Previous spray suncreens I've used didn't cut it but this one seems to do the trick.

Elisha
"Triathlon doesn't build character. It reveals it."
Quote Reply