Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kiwami Long Sleeved Swim Skin
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Kiwami Long Sleeved Swim Skin [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A new product now that sleeves are legal in the swim. So now we have Blue Seventy and Kiwami with sleeved swimskins. I'm sure Roka will respond soon with one.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Kiwami Long Sleeved Swim Skin [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the primary benefit of swimskins was the compression. How does that translate to sleeves? Or is the advantage there some sort of slippery coating on the sleeve material?

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long sleeve?
Quote Reply
Re: Kiwami Long Sleeved Swim Skin [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should have just said "sleeved" or short sleeve.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very curious as well.

I feel like we are inching towards the "suit era" back in 2009.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Kiwami Long Sleeved Swim Skin [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And if this is the trend...when will the suit makes there way down to the ankles too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I have not been privy to the "secret" suit, perhaps Andre will come on. Maybe that or Rappstar.
Quote Reply
Re: Kiwami Long Sleeved Swim Skin [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
Since I have not been privy to the "secret" suit, perhaps Andre will come on. Maybe that or Rappstar.

Rapp is sponsored by Roka.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Kiwami Long Sleeved Swim Skin [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And he wore the new suit for the race and for a photo shoot in Kona. His Roka sponsorship is only for the swimskin.

stevej wrote:
ggeiger wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Kiwami Long Sleeved Swim Skin [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
And if this is the trend...when will the suit makes there way down to the ankles too.

Potential aero and hydro savings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
And he wore the new suit for the race and for a photo shoot in Kona. His Roka sponsorship is only for the swimskin.

stevej wrote:
ggeiger wrote:

We are talking about a sleeved SWIMSKIN not sleeved tri suit. Rapp wore the Kiwami LD Aero tri suit which is not new..... only the colors were new. Rapp wore a Roka swimskin during the swim. The suit we are talking about in this thread is a Kiwami swimskin..... which Rapp did not wear.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Oct 10, 16 11:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems that they are one and the same from what I have seen. As I have stated, perhaps Andre, who is the North American owner, will reply soon. I would be surprised if the swimskin and the aero suit had the same color scheme. As before with the Amphibian, all of the Kiwami clothing has a swimskin water repellency to it. I think these new suits exhibit much more use of compression panels. Andre is most likely traveling from Kona now...

stevej wrote:
ggeiger wrote:

stevej wrote:
ggeiger wrote:

We are talking about a sleeved SWIMSKIN not sleeved tri suit. Rapp wore the Kiwami LD Aero tri suit which is not new..... only the colors were new. Rapp wore a Roka swimskin during the swim. The suit we are talking about in this thread is a Kiwami swimskin..... which Rapp did not wear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a totally different product if you watch the video.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Kiwami Long Sleeved Swim Skin [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw the video and also a previous ad posting at the pool in the days before Kona. Maybe they did do the same color scheme in the 2 suits as I am not informed as to their new "secret" projects. I have seen they also have a trail running series of garments...

Just trying to keep this alive until Andre can respond.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I emailed him a link to the thread and asked what the new product was.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The suits are not the same.

The sleeved tri suit from the rapp photo shoot has a zipper in the front and has pockets

The swimskin in the video from the OP and from Kiwami's fb page has a zipper in the back and zero pockets.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bad then. I'm awaiting a reply. I would have thought they'd post more about it, but maybe were too busy selling them in Kona! :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems Rapp's suit is a new color that will be added for next year. The office did not have any info on the swimskin. I'm sure Andre will chime in to clarify my mistakes.

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:

stevej wrote:
ggeiger wrote:

I did not wear the sleeved swimskin for the photo shoot or the race. Cyril Viennot did. I have one - for review for Slowtwitch - but I haven't actually worn it yet.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
It seems that they are one and the same from what I have seen. As I have stated, perhaps Andre, who is the North American owner, will reply soon. I would be surprised if the swimskin and the aero suit had the same color scheme. As before with the Amphibian, all of the Kiwami clothing has a swimskin water repellency to it. I think these new suits exhibit much more use of compression panels. Andre is most likely traveling from Kona now...

stevej wrote:
ggeiger wrote:

stevej wrote:
ggeiger wrote:

Not the same. I'll post pics when I can. I mailed a bunch of stuff back from Kona and the Kiwami swimskin is in there. I hope to get a review up for Slowtwitch in the next few weeks.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Kiwami Long Sleeved Swim Skin [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Looking forward to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. I look forward to it as well. One question ahead of time: is it a swim skin or could one potentially use it as a short-course tri suit? Fwiw I don't care about a chamois and actually do a lot of my indoor bike training wearing just my boxer briefs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Cool. I look forward to it as well. One question ahead of time: is it a swim skin or could one potentially use it as a short-course tri suit? Fwiw I don't care about a chamois and actually do a lot of my indoor bike training wearing just my boxer briefs.

The back zip might be kind of weird. And it's got double-layer fabric on the front, so I think it'd be a LOT hotter than a regular tri suit. Maybe for a sprint race. But I don't think any longer than about an hour.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be cool with that :) I do a lot of sprints. i have nine on the schedule for next year.
Quote Reply

Prev Next