Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kickr trainer.
Quote | Reply
My new kickr trainer that I use with traineroad is reading about 12% less than my quark p/m, both calibrated, any ideas.. .

Colin.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr trainer. [niloc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quite irritating isn't it? Mine has been the same way since I purchased over a year ago. I reached out to trainer road and kicker. Both pointed the finger at each other. Same issues still exist today. I should have purchased the computrainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello niloc and All,

More here:

https://groups.google.com/.../wattage/_7VPyX3S-pQ

Several different comments on this thread an among them it appears that the Kickr is temperature sensitive and needs about a 10 minute warm up to improve accuracy with a spindown calibration.

Factory calibration kit here: http://www.wahoofitness.com/...calibration-kit.html

Cheers,

Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are you sure your quarq isn't reading 12% more than your kickr? ;)

is it something that you can get the plots of over the course of an hour or so? compare the two graphs and you should be able to see if it's constant or if it's time (heat) related.
that'd be awesome if the kickr was 12% low. I'd love the instant power gains of switching back to a quarq.

Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you can buy a calibration kit, get it to match your other meter and return the kit, they are fine with that approach and suggested it to me. I decided I did not care enough to adjust all my workouts, as I seem to struggle more indoors anyway, so I decided as long as it seems to be consistent i dont care.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr trainer. [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in on that discussion (one of the two Jesse on that discussion and replied Sept 8 :-) ) and also a fairly new owner of a Kickr. I reported on that discussion that I tested my Quarq equipped bike against the Kickr using a 10 minute warm-up. What I noticed in comparing 1 second wattage in an Excel file between the Kickr and Quarq were differences ranging between 0 to 30 watts. Graphing the two, the Kickr had a nice smooth line right down the middle of the fluctuating power of the Quarq. But that was my case and I understand some are getting different results.

What I am currently doing since that discussion is using an additional warm up before starting a TrainerRoad workout. Not only does that help me get a little more warmed up, but it allows the equipment to warm up and then I do a spindown in TrainerRoad before I start the workout. Since I love this combination of the Kickr and TR as the workout and erg controller I am very content with the trainer itself and based on perception is seems to be consistent with itself. I do seem to be using higher wattage targets than I was using on the eMotion rollers, but some of that may be due to having to balance the bike to a degree while hitting higher intensities and now that the bike is locked in I can simply concentrate on pushing those higher intensities. If that makes sense. Doing the TR workout, Jacks 4 x 8's at 105%+ and I am suffering like I am supposed to suffer :-)

I do not use my Quarq equipped TT bike on the Kickr and I use an old road bike that I don't mind if it get sweat damage so I will just record power off the Kickr. I feel fairly comfortable with using it now.

Best wishes to the OP.
Last edited by: Felt_Rider: Sep 17, 14 4:53
Quote Reply