Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kestrel Seatpost Adaptor Install HELP!
Quote | Reply
I have 2011 Talon that i purchased second hand. It came with the seat post adapter (3 parts?) that allows the use of a normal 27.2 seat post.

And I have no clue on how to install them...lmao.

By the looks of it ...two shims go round the 27.2 seat post and then its to be inserted into the seat tube?? But there is no way that fits. And I have no idea what to do with the third part.

This is my first carbon fiber frame and I don't want to make a mistake.

Anyone have picts or instructions??

Thank you in advance T2011
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Seatpost Adaptor Install HELP! [talon2011] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Talon had a one piece triangle that went behind the round seatpost. I have the carbon fiber seatpost for the Talon that I could let you have for a very good price.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Seatpost Adaptor Install HELP! [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the carbon seat post...but i wanted to mount the frame in my repair stand.

There is supposed to be a one piece triangle?? now that would make sense...but i don't have that :(

Great :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always just hang the carbon bikes by the seat on the repair stand

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
off the top tube?? i had considered that but wasn't sure if it was safe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No! I just hang it by the seat. I have even clamped down on the seat to keep it secure at times.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a thought. It would be better if i could find one those triangular 'wedges'. Guess i could also buy a new repair stand lol.
Quote Reply