Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kansas 100 3 weeks away from Ironman???
Quote | Reply
Kansas has a unique 100 mile tri on June 7th that is a 2 mile swim, 80 mile bike, and an 18 mile run. I would really like to do it and the entry fee is very reasonable...less than a 1/3 of Ironman cost. Can I treat this race as a big training day as part of my build to Ironman Coeur d'Alene that is 3 weeks later and see some positive gains out of it without hurting my CdA performance? I would see myself doing a similar training day around that time period 3 weeks out from CdA anyway?

What do you guys think?
Last edited by: SwiftRunner: Jan 28, 15 17:08
Quote Reply
Re: Kansas 100 3 weeks away from Ironman??? [SwiftRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you going to race it or participate in it? 3 weeks out is typically your last big weekend before you ease off the gas. It is usually nice to have pacing and nutrition figured out before that and tested earlier in the cycle (10 weeks out). That last weekend might be similar but it typically isn't back to back to back at race effort and pacing.

Will you see gains? Probably. Will your performance suffer in CdA? Maybe but you have plenty of time to recover. If you plan to pace it as a nice, supported training day, go for it. Would I race it? Not personally but that also depends on your CdA goals.

Will this thread give you numerous different opinions? Most definitely :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Kansas 100 3 weeks away from Ironman??? [SwiftRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd do it. That is a tough race in Kansas and will be hot. It will make you a man. You have plenty of time to recover. I did it last year. The next week I won a local oly. Then the week after that, I pr'd with a 2:48 marathon :). The last 2 races seemed so easy compared to legend 100
Quote Reply