Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Just purchased an Adamo Attack Saddle - Tell me about it
Quote | Reply
Pros/Cons. Time is running out before my first race and I'm trying to get my tri bike together. It is unusual for me, but I kinda bought it on a whim only after about an hour of research. Can you tell me if you like it and/or what to expect? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Just purchased an Adamo Attack Saddle - Tell me about it [justtrime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used a variety of the Adamo saddles after deciding they were the brand for me. I have found the Attack is probably the best shape, being a bit narrower and longer than some others. I suggest you do some short test rides to check on the degree of nose down that suits, especially when down on the tri bars. With the rails horizontal, the top of the saddle has a natural nose down angle but don't be afraid to tip it even further down at the front.
Quote Reply
Re: Just purchased an Adamo Attack Saddle - Tell me about it [justtrime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
love it ... i used prologue before this one is firmer but it actually made it more comfortable (tried pn 1.1 same shape but much more cushy too)
Quote Reply
Re: Just purchased an Adamo Attack Saddle - Tell me about it [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can explain why it's more comfortable? I'm considering the switch from the prologue to the attack. Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Just purchased an Adamo Attack Saddle - Tell me about it [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While the nose is probably narrower than other ISM versions, I get some chaffing on thighs, which forces me to sit more forward on the saddle than I would like to. Otherwise great saddle, very comfy in all other regions. Getting rid of mine though
Quote Reply
Re: Just purchased an Adamo Attack Saddle - Tell me about it [jakesdk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why are you getting rid of yours? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justtrime wrote:
Why are you getting rid of yours? Thanks.

Inner thigh chaffing against nose of saddle. Think nose is too wide for my thighs.
Quote Reply
Re: Just purchased an Adamo Attack Saddle - Tell me about it [monsrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monsrider wrote:
I have used a variety of the Adamo saddles after deciding they were the brand for me. I have found the Attack is probably the best shape, being a bit narrower and longer than some others. I suggest you do some short test rides to check on the degree of nose down that suits, especially when down on the tri bars. With the rails horizontal, the top of the saddle has a natural nose down angle but don't be afraid to tip it even further down at the front.

Also make sure you give it a try outside and inside on the trainer as there are plenty of folks who say it causes "some" discomfort on the trainer but not so out on the road. Has to do with the fixed nature of locking a bike into the trainer.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justtrime wrote:
Pros/Cons. Time is running out before my first race and I'm trying to get my tri bike together. It is unusual for me, but I kinda bought it on a whim only after about an hour of research. Can you tell me if you like it and/or what to expect? Thanks.

I like it, and you can fit a flat kit inside it during a race. Mine is black.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought one recently and found it is a rather different saddle to the standard.
Your arse is going to hurt in different places than it is used to. Get used to it.

Also as it is wider than a conventional saddle, when you do sit back on it, it will rub in new places.
You might find some relief by "zip tying" the nose a little tighter together. Helped me a lot.

A tip, you have to have the mount toward the rear of the saddle or the nose will not move as there will not be enough play in the mounting rails.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought mine after checking out a bunch of saddles during Dan's saddle tour a couple of years back. I had demo'd other Adamo saddles in the past and all of them sucked. Every last one was just way too wide. So imagine my surprise when I liked the Attack best when I went round and round with a bunch of other saddles. I don't chafe at all on the Attack. The best compliment I can give it is that I don't think about it all during my rides. With other saddles, I start to move around a lot more as the miles pile up. Of course, saddles are unique to individual physiology. That was the beauty of Dan's saddle tour which included a device that allowed the shop to change saddles in just seconds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello justtrime and All,

http://www.shop.view-speed.com/...age-610098715993.htm

The View-Speed Stash fits the Attack very nicely if you are looking to store your flat kit or a streamlined rear tail light.

Should improve the flow of air to the low pressure area behind your butt too.

'

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Just purchased an Adamo Attack Saddle - Tell me about it [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds cool, but the photo is so bad that I can't really tell how it connects, how much room there is inside, etc. You need several photos of much higher quality.
Quote Reply
Re: Just purchased an Adamo Attack Saddle - Tell me about it [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool idea!
Quote Reply
Re: Just purchased an Adamo Attack Saddle - Tell me about it [jakesdk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jakesdk wrote:
While the nose is probably narrower than other ISM versions, I get some chaffing on thighs, which forces me to sit more forward on the saddle than I would like to. Otherwise great saddle, very comfy in all other regions. Getting rid of mine though

It's forcing you to sit where you are supposed to sit on an ISM saddle. Move the saddle back and it will work just fine for you.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Just purchased an Adamo Attack Saddle - Tell me about it [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
jakesdk wrote:

It's forcing you to sit where you are supposed to sit on an ISM saddle. Move the saddle back and it will work just fine for you.

Thanks. Might play around with it som more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To those of you having success with the ISM attack, could you let me know how much you tilt it forward? I'm about to play around with it more, after having no luck with a sitero.

Is this excessive, compared to your experiences?

[/img]
Last edited by: jakesdk: Jun 29, 15 22:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jakesdk wrote:
To those of you having success with the ISM attack, could you let me know how much you tilt it forward? I'm about to play around with it more, after having no luck with a sitero.

Is this excessive, compared to your experiences?

[/img]

That looks very excessive to me; I don't like the saddle tilted as it puts more weight on my arms. I ride mine flat.

Best saddle I've ever had. There is an extensive write-up on Slowtwitch about how to position the saddle correctly. I love it for both road and tri and have had no chafing issues whatsoever. You have to know how far apart your sit bones are and how that matches up against where you sit on the saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Just purchased an Adamo Attack Saddle - Tell me about it [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. You're completely right. It was an attempt to avoid some chaffing, but definitely not the right way to go. As you say, the weight on the arms was not pleasant :) I will take a closer look at the write up.
Quote Reply