Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Josh Edmondson: Ex-Team Sky rider says he secretly injected vitamins
Quote | Reply
Another another damaging story involving Team Sky.

Anyway they want to spin it this looks bad...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/39293763
Quote Reply
Re: Josh Edmondson: Ex-Team Sky rider says he secretly injected vitamins [cowboy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ex- Sky rider not using dope, Sky management don't report it. Where's the story again?

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Josh Edmondson: Ex-Team Sky rider says he secretly injected vitamins [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Self injecting is not allowed, team Dr knew about it and did nothing. Seriously, he could have killed himself and then the tramadol use on top of that...
Last edited by: TriguyBlue: Mar 16, 17 19:05
Quote Reply
Re: Josh Edmondson: Ex-Team Sky rider says he secretly injected vitamins [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Self injecting is not allowed, so he broke the internal rules, but the Dr. didn't know about him doing it. When he was outed by his team mate, he met with the Dr. and the rider was put on supervision and a behavioural programme. He chose to use the tramadol, which was not given to him by the team Dr.

Again, where's the story?

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Josh Edmondson: Ex-Team Sky rider says he secretly injected vitamins [cowboy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here Josh, inject these "vitamins".

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Josh Edmondson: Ex-Team Sky rider says he secretly injected vitamins [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:
Here Josh, inject these "vitamins".

Except he admits he was doing it on his own, no team orders involved.

Sky have plenty of questions to answer about mystery packages and conveniently timed TUEs. This doesn't seem like a big deal though, just a young man who made some bad personal decisions. Glad he came out of it ok.
Quote Reply
Re: Josh Edmondson: Ex-Team Sky rider says he secretly injected vitamins [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Self injecting is not allowed, so he broke the internal rules, but the Dr. didn't know about him doing it. When he was outed by his team mate, he met with the Dr. and the rider was put on supervision and a behavioural programme. He chose to use the tramadol, which was not given to him by the team Dr.

Again, where's the story?

The story is that he's saying that he admitted to doing it and the team is singing a different tune. He says the team is lying to cover up how much he actually did.

That, as much as you sky ball washers don't want to admit it, is a story.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Josh Edmondson: Ex-Team Sky rider says he secretly injected vitamins [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That the team did not report that one of their riders was injecting vitamins? That it, yes?

Journos are really scraping the barrel now. Im just suprised they've not dragged the whole Henao story back up now he's won Paris-Nice.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
That the team did not report that one of their riders was injecting vitamins? That it, yes?

Journos are really scraping the barrel now. Im just suprised they've not dragged the whole Henao story back up now he's won Paris-Nice.

No that the team was asked directly about what he did and that they lied (at least according to the rider).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also the rider says the team is lying about this. If it's no big deal, then why are they lying? If they are lying about this what else are they lying about/not reporting?

I know, your ears are plugged and you are screaming so you can't hear it. It's ok Shy will be outed, you will get over it and move on. You just need some time to accept this.

Oh and this is where you say 'But, but, but Lance!'

Quote Reply
Re: Josh Edmondson: Ex-Team Sky rider says he secretly injected vitamins [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who asked Sky?

Most I can see is that the rider says he told them he did inject. Steve Peters was later interviewed by the BBC, and said that the rider broke down and said he didn't inject. There was some doubt about whether he did or didn't, and Sky made the call not to report him and finish his career but help him with his depression.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, this is where you insult anyone who disagrees with you and deploy the Armstrong shield in a vain attempt to discredit them and their arguments.

But that's ok. keep scrambling for the high ground.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Who asked Sky?

Most I can see is that the rider says he told them he did inject. Steve Peters was later interviewed by the BBC, and said that the rider broke down and said he didn't inject. There was some doubt about whether he did or didn't, and Sky made the call not to report him and finish his career but help him with his depression.

I know what you are saying. He kept a supply of syringes and needles in his room but never used the stuff; he was prepared just in case. Dario Frigo carried around a suitcase of full of dope but never used it; he kept it close in case he needed it, which, of course, he never did. Sounds legit.

No needles policy? Our riders keep them in their rooms but never use them. We promise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not so sure this story in isolation reflects badly on Sky, looks to me like Sky actually helped a desperate young man with mental issues who felt the need to go outside of the team ethos and injected substances which are not actually banned.

With such baggage its not unlikely that someone would lie about injecting when he actually did. So what do you do? throw the kid into the streets and downward spiral of mental issues or look after him and quietly and slowly release him to from the team when his mind is right? I take the latter any day for anyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Self injecting is not allowed, so he broke the internal rules, but the Dr. didn't know about him doing it.

That's not an internal rule. It's a UCI regulation. You can't inject *anything*, including vitamins, without notifying the UCI.
Quote Reply
Re: Josh Edmondson: Ex-Team Sky rider says he secretly injected vitamins [cantswim24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cantswim24 wrote:
not so sure this story in isolation reflects badly on Sky,

I might agree with you...except: "On the UCI technicality, he had not violated because he told us very clearly at the time that he had not done the injection because he did not know how to use the needle. This is what he told us at the time.""

That's pure BS. Since when do you believe that a pro cyclist caught with a bunch of needles and lots of vials, including one opened, never injected? Since never. That's like believing the 5 year-old with a hand in the cookie jar that was was "putting the cookie back." A cyclist who tests positive got caught after the first time. A cyclist got with doping gear got caught before he ever used it, and right before he was about to throw it all away.

And I have a real hard time believing the team didn't notify the UCI so they could release the kid "slowly" from the team. That was pure institutional self-preservation against scrutiny by the UCI.

Also the story is not in isolation, particularly the tramadol bit. That's at least 3 independent claims of tramadol use: Barry, Tiernan-Locke, and now Edmondson.

Quote:
So what do you do? throw the kid into the streets and downward spiral of mental issues or look after him and quietly and slowly release him to from the team when his mind is right? I take the latter any day for anyone.

Those aren't the only two options. You can immediately kick him off the team (I would have), then make sure he gets whatever help he needs away from cycling.
Last edited by: trail: Mar 17, 17 9:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I know, your ears are plugged"

does every post of yours these days need to include the personal dig? less is more. concision and precision. state your case. adding the personal dig screams, "my case isn't strong enough! i must fortify it with a personal insult!"

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Josh Edmondson: Ex-Team Sky rider says he secretly injected vitamins [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"I know, your ears are plugged"

does every post of yours these days need to include the personal dig? less is more. concision and precision. state your case. adding the personal dig screams, "my case isn't strong enough! i must fortify it with a personal insult!"

Thanks for the advice.

You ignorant slut. Shit....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this...

=> You ignorant slut

... is of course the allowable - even endearing! - insult.

carry on!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Thanks for the advice.

You ignorant slut. Shit....

Not sure why he went after you for the gentle taunt of "ears plugged" which could easily take place over a couple of brandies at the Harvard Club while the guy who regularly says things like "Hey. Fuckhead." is still spewing crap on a near daily basis.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cowboy7 wrote:
Another another damaging story involving Team Sky.

Anyway they want to spin it this looks bad...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/39293763

so how this kid acting on his "own" figured out how much, how often? and then is the l-carnitine piece...

I could prob google and do it myself but I will be scare shitless

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Josh Edmondson: Ex-Team Sky rider says he secretly injected vitamins [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
cantswim24 wrote:
not so sure this story in isolation reflects badly on Sky,

I might agree with you...except: "On the UCI technicality, he had not violated because he told us very clearly at the time that he had not done the injection because he did not know how to use the needle. This is what he told us at the time.""

That's pure BS. Since when do you believe that a pro cyclist caught with a bunch of needles and lots of vials, including one opened, never injected? Since never. That's like believing the 5 year-old with a hand in the cookie jar that was was "putting the cookie back." A cyclist who tests positive got caught after the first time. A cyclist got with doping gear got caught before he ever used it, and right before he was about to throw it all away.

And I have a real hard time believing the team didn't notify the UCI so they could release the kid "slowly" from the team. That was pure institutional self-preservation against scrutiny by the UCI.

Also the story is not in isolation, particularly the tramadol bit. That's at least 3 independent claims of tramadol use: Barry, Tiernan-Locke, and now Edmondson.

Pull your head out of your ass (DAMMIT!!!). Sky is clean, brah. Like really really clean. How do we know? Well they tell us they are... so... you know...

Last edited by: BLeP: Mar 17, 17 9:55
Quote Reply
Re: Josh Edmondson: Ex-Team Sky rider says he secretly injected vitamins [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Who asked Sky?

I know what you are saying. He kept a supply of syringes and needles in his room but never used the stuff; he was prepared just in case. Dario Frigo carried around a suitcase of full of dope but never used it; he kept it close in case he needed it, which, of course, he never did. Sounds legit.

No needles policy? Our riders keep them in their rooms but never use them. We promise.

It's not me that's saying that he had the needles but didn't use them, it's the rider. Like you, Sky had doubts, but no proof.

the tramadol thing is a red herring. It was given by the race doctor not the team doctor. Sounds more like the sport has a problem with tramadol rather than Sky in isolation.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will find big differences between sports.
What is not allowed in cycling is totally OK in NFL

This is a video of 10y NFL veteran Ayanbadejo self-administers IV with supplements.
Remember this is legal in NFL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ7O9NFKEfY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Also the rider says the team is lying about this. If it's no big deal, then why are they lying? If they are lying about this what else are they lying about/not reporting?

I know, your ears are plugged and you are screaming so you can't hear it. It's ok Shy will be outed, you will get over it and move on. You just need some time to accept this.

Oh and this is where you say 'But, but, but Lance!'

Quote Reply

Prev Next