Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jordan - saddle article and hydro TT brake question
Quote | Reply
Jordan - are you running the TRP brake levers paired with SRAM calipers on your Diamondback?

Also, I'm curious to hear how your fit changed switching to the Dash and if you have a race photo of yourself on the bike to show where you're sitting on the saddle.

Much appreciated, and apologies if these answers were posted elswhere

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Jordan - saddle article and hydro TT brake question [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRP uses mineral oil while SRAM uses DOT fluid so I'm guessing that's not the case. From his instagram picture it does look different than a TRP lever anyway. Probably a SRAM proto.
Quote Reply
Re: Jordan - saddle article and hydro TT brake question [durk onion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good call.

His lever:

TRP lever & caliper:

His caliper:

Sram caliper

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: May 17, 17 18:53
Quote Reply
Re: Jordan - saddle article and hydro TT brake question [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks like a flat mount version of the Level caliper

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jordan as said in other social media that its a SRAM prototype, and that he can't comment further.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Jordan - are you running the TRP brake levers paired with SRAM calipers on your Diamondback?

Also, I'm curious to hear how your fit changed switching to the Dash and if you have a race photo of yourself on the bike to show where you're sitting on the saddle.

Much appreciated, and apologies if these answers were posted elswhere

Can only comment on the fit.

Race photo is from IMTX. I am not sure whether this was with my seatpost slipped or not. But even if it wasn't, I've raised my saddle again since even what I was planning to run in Texas I've further dialed in the fit.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Jordan - saddle article and hydro TT brake question [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
who took that pic? nice pic.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Jordan - saddle article and hydro TT brake question [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I am not sure whether this was with my seatpost slipped or not.

How soon into the bike did the post slip? Based on the background that pic was within the first 5mins or so (probably less at your speeds) of the bike ride, i.e. the outbound portion of Woodlands Parkway very soon after T1.
Quote Reply
Re: Jordan - saddle article and hydro TT brake question [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
who took that pic? nice pic.

Scott Flathouse.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Jordan - saddle article and hydro TT brake question [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Quote:
I am not sure whether this was with my seatpost slipped or not.

How soon into the bike did the post slip? Based on the background that pic was within the first 5mins or so (probably less at your speeds) of the bike ride, i.e. the outbound portion of Woodlands Parkway very soon after T1.

It started to slip when I hit the expansion gaps in the concrete on Woodlands Parkway. But not by much. It was more that section seemed to loosen it, and then it just got progressively worse. I stopped just when we got onto the Hardy Toll Rd. to raise it.

I'd guess my saddle height is roughly correct, if only because the angle of my shoulders is basically right.

Quote Reply