Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Join two srm pc8 rides into one?
Quote | Reply
Hey

I want to merge two srm pc8 fit files into a single ride.

I started out on my tri bike on the trainer but it was too uncomfortable so I changed to my road bike after an hour. When I changed profile on the pc8 it created a new ride.

If I upload the two as is, I won't get my green box in training peaks AND I F*#KING EARNT THAT GREEN BOX.

Help?
Quote Reply
Re: Join two srm pc8 rides into one? [iSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use fitfilerepair (a cool software tool that used to be free but is worth the cost).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iSam wrote:
... AND I F*#KING EARNT THAT GREEN BOX.

I can't even explain to my co-workers why I'm laughing right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can upload multiple files into a single workout in training peaks and it'll auto merge based on timestamps
Quote Reply
Re: Join two srm pc8 rides into one? [chrisb7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all - got it done.

Am on a Mac so can't download fitfilerepair. I did find fitfiletools.com which is an online thing which seems to do similar stuff. Drag and drop.

Will try the auto merge next time, though I am always nervous with TP as if it doesn't figure out which workout should be applied to the prescribed one (e.g., if I do an extra 1 hour bike in the morning and then a prescribed 2 hour bike in the arvo - it chooses the 1 hour bike and gives me a yellow box), I haven't figured out how to delete the workout without also deleting the prescription.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goldencheetah can merge (or split) files. i'm not sure what format the PC8 outputs, but assuming it's some normal exercise-type file, GC should be able to process it.

i also love that green box.
Last edited by: climber7: Feb 6, 16 17:33
Quote Reply
Re: Join two srm pc8 rides into one? [climber7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wondered whether GC could do it and had a quick look but couldn't find an immediately obvious way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have GC 3.1.0 and it definitely has the capability, but it's a little weird:
  • select the first ride you want to merge
  • to go Activities --> Merge Rides (last menu option)
  • click "upload" and select the other file you want to merge (it's a little annoying that you can't just pick another activity in GC)
  • from there...i don't have two consecutive activities to test, so i'm not 100% sure what happens next, but i think it should basically just put them together for you.

curious to know if that works, so let me know if you figure it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Join two srm pc8 rides into one? [climber7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seen this late.

Yes, GC can join and merge rides, even if they have different recording intervals.
In v3 you can merge rides already imported, or select one from disk, or download one from a device.

There is a video tutorial about it here, all about merging Moxy data: https://vimeo.com/111875430

Mark
Quote Reply