Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Javier Gomez ON Running
Quote | Reply
I noticed that it appeared that Javier had signed with ON Running for this season since he raced with them at Dubai and the first ITU race. Javier wore ON on the first two days of the Super League races, but I noticed on the telecast that he wore both Mizunos and Asics. Did I misinterpret his wearing of ON shoes? Is Javier Gomez currently without a shoe sponsor?

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Javier Gomez ON Running [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
I noticed that it appeared that Javier had signed with ON Running for this season since he raced with them at Dubai and the first ITU race. Javier wore ON on the first two days of the Super League races, but I noticed on the telecast that he wore both Mizunos and Asics. Did I misinterpret his wearing of ON shoes? Is Javier Gomez currently without a shoe sponsor?

ON is listed on his sponsor page on his website. It looks like they are on the second tier of his sponsor list.

http://www.javiergomeznoya.com/sponsors_eng.html

Quote Reply
Re: Javier Gomez ON Running [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They also didn't appear on his super league jersey as a sponsor

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:

Switching shoe sponsors is a recipe for a potential injury. Maybe he signed but is NOW having second thoughts.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Javier Gomez ON Running [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My only reasoning was that perhaps he went with the other two shoes since ON doesn't really have a true racing flat.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's been racing in their new flat that comes out later this year.

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sure?

I watched him race and pretty sure all were On runners as he has worn since Dubai 70.3 and Abu Dhabi.

You may be getting confused with the model he wore being one that isn't currently available yet, but it is an On.

Any screen shots as I recall seeing him wear the same runner he wore in Abu Dhabi.
This is a clear style On runner with a little yellow/green accents.
Appears to be a new version of the Cloud racer.
Different to the navy On cloud flow he wore in Dubai and also on recent social media track sessions.
Model isn't currently available but seems to be a new one about to be launched as I've seen it worn by another On athlete who's gearing up for London marathon.

Are you sure it wasn't another athletes foot as I don't think he'd have swapped out what has proven a successful switch for him so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Javier Gomez ON Running [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He wore ON shoes for the first two days, but on day 3 he wore a pair of blue mizunos and neon green asics. I took some screenshots from the final race where he wore the ascis.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fair enough perhaps it was a transition sockless issue with the unique race format.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you looking to sponsor him for run shoes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't think that is Javi, he was number 1. Unless my eyes are playing up I am seeing a 2 there?
Quote Reply
Re: Javier Gomez ON Running [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's definitely Gomez

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Javier Gomez ON Running [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DSdIQZFfKs&t=6002s

1:26:00-1:26:04 He can be seen making the turn in the Asics

34:21-34:26 Blue Mizunos

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Javier Gomez ON Running [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the change was due to the wet surface on day 3? I've never used ON shoes, so not sure how they do on wet surfaces...
Quote Reply
Re: Javier Gomez ON Running [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trineuropa wrote:
Maybe the change was due to the wet surface on day 3? I've never used ON shoes, so not sure how they do on wet surfaces...

Theyre not great tbf
Quote Reply
Re: Javier Gomez ON Running [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slightly related but I got to run in the new On flat this morning. It's really nice

Fairly light
Fast feel and transition
More plush ride than I expected, especially under the forefoot

It felt maybe a 1/4 size long. I wore my normal 10.5, could maybe wear a 10 but I was too lazy to run in a second pair to be sure.

It should make for a really nice long course shoe

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply