Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
It's Swim Season: Dec. Swim Thread FISH
Quote | Reply
I need to swim 65,222 yards this month to average a mile a day. (That's after this morning's swim). It's going to be tight.

9 mi run, 2500 yes:

500 w/u
100 kick
5 x 100 on 1:25
100 kick
50 fast , 50 kick (:34 on the fast)
5 x [100 fast + 50 kick] avg 1:10s
450 c/d

6.81 mi behind mile-a-day pace on the FLOG

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Dec 4, 14 9:19
Quote Reply
Re: It's Swim Season: Dec. Swim Thread [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump for the fisheeeees

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TC,

I started the month off right...

1200 w/u
20x50 @90%
800 Pull
10x50 @95%
400 Kick
200 Pull

4150scy

Off to run now :)

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm just getting my swim together for my first im in a bunch of months. not really structuring it too much just doing 3k freestyle 2x a week gonna increase it to 5k two times a week gradually. what does st think do this and enjoy im boulder?
Last edited by: eggplantOG: Dec 1, 14 17:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got to swim a bit today, with a kick!! Not too much soreness afterwards. Want to be ready for a big swim block over winter break, so I'm easing the kicking back in.
1000s ez
10x100 pull on 1:30 avg 1:22
200ez swim
10x100 pull on 1:30 avg 1:20-1:21
100ez swim
3300 scy

Did about 45 minutes of core/weights later in the day as well!!

HS, hope you are feeling better!!

"Don't you have to go be stupid somewhere else?"..."Not until 4!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If anyone is in the NJ-area, my group is doing 100 x 100 on Sunday: https://www.facebook.com/events/1471064576451602 We should have a nice size group as we've had 20-30 for the prep swims (did 60 x 100 on Sunday).

If anyone is interested, lemme know!!

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply
Re: It's Swim Season: Dec. Swim Thread [BrianPBN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
prep swims, huh? I think if I did 100 x 100 I would just do it... I'd do some longer swims building up to it of course but not just 100s.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...and I need 61,000 meters to get to my 800,000 for the year. Started with 3250 today, so, so far so good!
Good Luck Alyie!
Quote Reply
Re: It's Swim Season: Dec. Swim Thread [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you registered on the US Masters swimming FLOG (fitness log)? You would get prizes with your yardage. It is free for USMS members.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a USMS member and I will look into this. Thanks. (I am going to try and finish with 805,000 meters which is almost exactly 500 miles.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
500 miles = free swimsuit; look into it!
you can retroactively post yards so joining now is not a problem

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys get suits?!?

We just get caps ( and a little pin) when we hit 100k, 250k, 500k and 1,000,000m lifetime..

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blowout during a descending hairpin turn on Saturday. Took Monday off and rolled it to Tuesday. Road rash sucks.

12-02 (Descending 100s)

300 ez
4x50 on 1:00 (odds 1-Arm, evens catch-up)
4x50 :15 RI as 25 fast/25ez
12x100 as
1-3 on 1:30 (~1:20)
4-6 on 1:25 (~1:20)
7-9 on 1:20 (~1:14)
10-12 on 1:15 (~1:07)
3x100 Kick w/ board :30 RI
3x150 Paddles/Buoy :15 RI (odds medium, evens fast)
150 ez

2800 LCM

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
prep swims, huh? I think if I did 100 x 100 I would just do it... I'd do some longer swims building up to it of course but not just 100s.

I've been logging a decent amount of volume (peaked at just over a 30km week) & as a group did (2) preps (50x100 & 60x100) to get comfy at the respective intervals.

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to play along. I am the proverbial land animal but am trying to slowly (unfortunately, very slowly) grow some gills. Very much an adult onset swimmer with no talent but decent work ethic.

I need 59,000 yards this month to go over 500,000 yards for the third consecutive year. Doubt I'll make it but there is a chance.......

This morning, 2400 yds:

400 wu
300 kick
4 x 50 hard
100 easy
16 x 25 all out on :15 rest (~:33 send off)
8 x 50 all out on :20 rest (~1:00 send off)
4 x 100 cruise on 1:45 send off
200 easy cd

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: It's Swim Season: Dec. Swim Thread [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
You guys get suits?!?

We just get caps ( and a little pin) when we hit 100k, 250k, 500k and 1,000,000m lifetime..

Cap at 50 miles. Last year, mesh drawstring bag at 250 miles, but they did away with that this year. Suit at 500 miles. I was motivated to get a suit until I found them at a discount store in maine for $5 apiece, and bought five of them...

Little pin sounds nice - can I register with the Canadian version of masters? :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark M wrote:
I am a USMS member and I will look into this. Thanks. (I am going to try and finish with 805,000 meters which is almost exactly 500 miles.)
hey, one trick I found out is you don't need to register every single day you can aggregate at a weekly or monthly level. That will save you a lot of time.

As for me, I am stuck in Las Vegas with a view of lots of swimming pools (from the 39th floor) that are not open at any time that I can swim. Plus none of them the right shape, they are all round or have protrusions into it... I don't see a straight line to be made anywhere.

Quote | Reply
PS for the guys... I ordered the suit my regular size last year and it is WAY big! (I decided not to size down for a 'race suit' fit). This year I have decided to size down! The suits are from Nike. (Not meant as a backdroor brag... :-) )

Quote | Reply
Las Vegas Masters Swimming has a wealth of talent if you can make it over to them.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
You guys get suits?!?

I didn't know we could get free stuff! Not that I need another cap.... or another place to log stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: It's Swim Season: Dec. Swim Thread [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's the million metre challenge on mymsc.ca They have set up a few other challenges as well to help with the motivation and encourage branching out to different events (1k swim, 30 and 60 minute swims, check-off challenge, pentathlon.)

Doesn't take long to log, but it is a bit of a pain to log in multiple spots. I usually just enter metres done (no specifics) and once a week or so just run through both logs side by side to make sure I haven't missed an entry..

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swam 25K over 5 days with Swimtrek in Baja Sud, MX. Some of it with whale sharks and sea lions. Much more interesting than the pool!

http://www.swimtrek.com/...-Details?pkcode=Baja

Jamie
Quote Reply
Re: It's Swim Season: Dec. Swim Thread [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
PS for the guys... I ordered the suit my regular size last year and it is WAY big! (I decided not to size down for a 'race suit' fit). This year I have decided to size down! The suits are from Nike. (Not meant as a backdroor brag... :-) )

Nike suits' sizes are strange. I wear a 28 in Nike and a 30 in Speedo.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6 mi run
3600 yd swim

500 w/u 6:47
100 kick
20 x 100 on 1:20
1000 mixing kick and swim

that made up a mile+ of my behind-ness on the FLOG, so I am now 5.76 miles behind

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can I join in?

Did the 1st guppy workout today 1300 yards.

I was swimming 9-12k a week until a few weeks ago when I was feeling Fatigued all the time. Took a few weeks off and I've had a hard time ramping back up. I figured I would build with the guppy workouts.
Quote Reply

Prev Next