Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Be Bo
Re: It was a drug culture promoted by USAC and ... [Be Bo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had direct experience with people involved and I can say that these claims are accurate. The 90's was an unethical time period in track cycling, it's a shame that World and Olympic medals during this time were so badly tainted and that USAC allowed it to happen.
Quote Reply
Re: It was a drug culture promoted by USAC and ... [Be Bo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah nothing new that USAC like the UCI made sure at a minimum they were looking the other way when there was something to be seen. Probably reality was much worse, taking steps to try to make sure riders didn't get popped.

Also Armstrong & Weisel's control of USAC has been discussed quite a bit.

UCI & USAC are as complicit in this whole mess as much as Armstrong and company.

At the same time it seems pretty apparent the UCI was not in an envious position. They had to try to regulate a sport with an entrenched doping culture during a period of transition from essentially permitted doping to a time when it was no longer copacetic to dope.

USAC on the other hand maybe didn't have the same problem but had to deal with road riders who wanted to play ball in Europe.
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: Sep 26, 12 10:58
Quote Reply
Re: It was a drug culture promoted by USAC and ... [juliegold23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be interested in hearing more...

juliegold23 wrote:
I had direct experience with people involved and I can say that these claims are accurate. The 90's was an unethical time period in track cycling, it's a shame that World and Olympic medals during this time were so badly tainted and that USAC allowed it to happen.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: It was a drug culture promoted by USAC and ... [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, Marty Nothstein is still pretty involved in track cycling, so to claim it is in the 90's is to understate the issue. http://www.thevelodrome.com/about-us/staff/ IIRC he mentored one of the top women on the USA crits national series.
Quote Reply