Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is this a pretty good deal on a CX bike? (not April fools)
Quote | Reply
I'm contemplating getting a CX bike for when I want to train outdoors and possibly when I want to ride to my weekend lake swim. Something relatively cheap but with clearance for big tires. I found this on Nashbar: Nashbar 105 CX Bike, $810 once you put it in your shopping cart.

-Fuji aluminum frame (I think)
-105 5800 Brifters, FD, and RD
-Stans NoTubes IronCross wheelset
-Brakes look like crap but at this price....

What say you?
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a pretty good deal on a CX bike? (not April fools) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If say it's a pretty nice deal. The Iron Cross wheels are very nice. 11spd 105 is absolutely sufficient. "Bad" disc brakes set up properly will still be pretty damn good.

Won't be the lightest thing around, but plenty durable and perfect for your needs.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a pretty good deal on a CX bike? (not April fools) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn you! I have been wanting a CX bike for commuting and off season racing and that looks like a good deal. Now can I sneak that in the apartment without the GF knowing?! But I have never used disc brakes so that seems like the only question for me.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Goosedog [ In reply to ]
Re: Is this a pretty good deal on a CX bike? (not April fools) [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Damn you!

yup, been wanting a bike for the canal towpath.. it's payday.. didn't need to see this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks nice if you're looking for a new bike ----- I picked up my used Redline Conquest for $230 on Craigslist. Doesnt have 105 level components though.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not get the Nashbar CX1 version for $500 in your cart? Sora components but still the price is amazing.
Last edited by: EnderWiggan: Apr 1, 15 9:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it looks like a nice setup if it fits, the mechanical discs are ok, the cable actuated hydros are supposed to be a nice upgrade
Quote Reply