Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is it legal to race tri with fenders?
Quote | Reply
If yes, then this might be the future. Some remarkable (if slightly vague) claims, such this is 2 to 3 times faster than a 50mm deep aero wheel. However, the company says they have wind tunnel data to back it up.

Not sure yet what I think about the looks ...

More info at bike rumor:
http://www.bikerumor.com/...-fender/#more-109378

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Sep 2, 15 13:35
Quote Reply
Re: Is it legal to race tri with fenders? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got any more pics? Just take a look around at any race, it's obvious that we don't care what we look like.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Is it legal to race tri with fenders? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point.

More pics at the bikerumor link.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is one God-awful ugly piece of hardware... I don't think my bike would ever forgive me if I made her wear that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't this particular item fall under the same category as a faring? It'd be tough to argue that this particular add-on's main function is to block water.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Is it legal to race tri with fenders? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Wouldn't this particular item fall under the same category as a faring? It'd be tough to argue that this particular add-on's main function is to block water.
This. Came here to ask that. This could be construed as a fairing. Fairings are not allowed.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it legal to race tri with fenders? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:

This was my first thought at seeing it. It is an unabashed fairing with no other purpose, and thus would probably be illegal for that alone. It isn't like the Speed Concept's rear box that actually is a "storage" box, or the very aero built-in water bottles.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it legal to race tri with fenders? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surroundhound wrote:
That is one God-awful ugly piece of hardware... I don't think my bike would ever forgive me if I made her wear that.
This too
Quote Reply
Re: Is it legal to race tri with fenders? [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:

This was my first thought at seeing it. It is an unabashed fairing with no other purpose, and thus would probably be illegal for that alone. It isn't like the Speed Concept's rear box that actually is a "storage" box, or the very aero built-in water bottles.

Yeah, "it keeps water from splashing up on someone who just finished swimming" is a pretty weak argument.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why stop there? Couldn't they cover the whole top half of the wheel and the fork blades?
Quote Reply
Re: Is it legal to race tri with fenders? [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or just cut to the chase and ride fully enclosed velomobile recumbent. That'd post some impressive bike splits.
Quote Reply