Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is Installing Red 22 Quarq bb30 the biggest secret on the planet?
Quote | Reply
Can't find videos on youtube anywhere for this. Anyone have insights? I have the right tools, but have never done this before. Forgive my slowness.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Is Installing Red 22 Quarq bb30 the biggest secret on the planet? [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.quarq.com/...port/product-manuals

Or

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=Pg2WVK_NHsPgggSsyIGoDw&url=https://www.quarq.com/media/literature/documents/95-6115-007-000_Rev_D_Road_Cranksets.pdf&ved=0CBwQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFVMh-elVC7KFbDZ_BaawMFY090hg&sig2=25WMlXuvDWie82-D_pP-zQ

For specific to bb30

Last edited by: zachboring: Dec 20, 14 15:59
Quote Reply
Re: Is Installing Red 22 Quarq bb30 the biggest secret on the planet? [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.quarq.com/...port/product-manuals

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks folks. But I'm looking for specifics on swapping the cranksets ( which way to turn the ds bolt, etc. I just haven't done that before and want to minimize breakage. These sort of pick up after that's happens. I'm quarq savvy but crank stupid.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
righty tighty, lefty loosy

10 mm hex head
Last edited by: zachboring: Dec 20, 14 16:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You only turn the DS bolt but it has an arrow on the bolt showing the direction (right) followed by the NM torque. The instructions explain using the NDS preload adjuster after you've tightened DS bolt to spec.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Installing Red 22 Quarq bb30 the biggest secret on the planet? [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I switch cranks enough that I ended up getting a nice long-handled socket wrench to do it. Worth the investment.

Torque wrench is better but.... I have a 1/4" drive TW for almost every bolt on the bike. Wasn't able to find a 10mm bit on 1/4" drive for the cranksets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
as others have said, is not the info stamped right on the end of the cranks sufficient? better than the directions for do-it-yourself furniture
Quote Reply
Re: Is Installing Red 22 Quarq bb30 the biggest secret on the planet? [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah that's kinda big for a 1/4 drive. I have a 3/8 drive and 1/4 drive torque wrench because of this.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Installing Red 22 Quarq bb30 the biggest secret on the planet? [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is funny, cuz I have one :) big long handled TW with 1/4 and 10mm allen key attachment. of course, I highly doubt the accuracy of the TW, but at that torque, figure I just have to be close(had the TW long before I had a need for it)
Quote Reply
Re: Is Installing Red 22 Quarq bb30 the biggest secret on the planet? [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
as others have said, is not the info stamped right on the end of the cranks sufficient? better than the directions for do-it-yourself furniture

Well, since it"s a thousand dollar piece of equipment, then I thought I would ask. Pedals don't exactly follow the lefty/righty mantra. Also, the arrow on the DS doesn't say that's the direction to loosen it. Better safe than sorry.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trismitty wrote:
jeffp wrote:

Well, since it"s a thousand dollar piece of equipment, then I thought I would ask. Pedals don't exactly follow the lefty/righty mantra. Also, the arrow on the DS doesn't say that's the direction to loosen it. Better safe than sorry.

Thousand dollar piece of equipment and an unsureness about how to install it would lead me to pay the $ to a professional bike mechanic and watch what he does so I'd know in the future. Or pay the guy and go have a beer and come back when its done...that's what I do!
Quote Reply
Re: Is Installing Red 22 Quarq bb30 the biggest secret on the planet? [waupaca11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waupaca11 wrote:
trismitty wrote:
jeffp wrote:

Thousand dollar piece of equipment and an unsureness about how to install it would lead me to pay the $ to a professional bike mechanic and watch what he does so I'd know in the future. Or pay the guy and go have a beer and come back when its done...that's what I do!

Where's the adventure in that 😪?

Human Person
Quote Reply