Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [Finnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to no one poster in particular

there used to be a thread in the LR called "deal breakers." Tattoos are totally on that list for me.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:

there used to be a thread in the LR called "deal breakers." Tattoos are totally on that list for me.

That's too bad. You are going to miss out on a lot of really great people that way.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with JSA - you would be surprised who is/is not "inked"

I am (Army as well) and most are quite surprised (yet don't know my past) ;-)

Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:

X2, Tigerchik. No, just NO.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [agegrouptri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you do decide to get a TAT, just make sure it's only yours and regardless of what the rest of the group may say, its art and its your body. Do your research on your TAT artist too. It will make a difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just read this and almost choked. You are ignorant...period. I have a half sleeve tattoo, elbow to shoulder, covered completely around the arm in all black. It's a soldiers grave with a flag at half mast in the background and the POW MIA flag with the letters "Not Forgotten". One of my old soldiers (I trained him when he was a private) was ambushed in Iraq and he was taken prisoner for 6 months before they tortured him and killed him. I got this tattoo to always remember him, his mother cried when she saw it. Not a day goes by where I don't think what he must have went through, what his family went through, and ultimately the price he paid to help maintain our freedom in America. I was injured myself over there but never lost any soldiers, now a good part of what was my combat team is buried in the ground. These were my men, my friends, my brothers. I could care less if anyone ever sees my tattoo. I got this for me, not for anyone else. I got this to remind myself that good men die and they should be remembered. My ego is non-existent when it comes to my tattoo, in fact when I wear a shirt all you see are the boots at the bottom, and that's all I let people see, I don't display it. Your one sided look on things leads me to believe you live a sheltered life, not everyone is out for an ego driven ride and not every tattoo is a "look at me" symbol. If the OP wants an M-Dot tat, let him. If every time he looks at it he thinks of how hard he worked to "earn" that and it makes him smile, them let him. If you think that is stupid, it's your choice and opinion, but don't think that all tattoos are for everyone else to oogle at. It's taken me a long time have have lenience for people and be more open with my opinions, you should give it a try, some people will surprise you with what they have on the inside and it may not always fit whats on the outside.

Quote | Reply
I agree. It's amazing how upset people can get over something that's none of their business. I don't have any yet, but if I ever do, it will be for me, and nobody else.

When running on the street, if your gum accidentally flies out of your mouth, it's no big deal. But if you lose your gum while running on a treadmill, you're gonna have to dodge that thing like 1800 more times, depending on how many more miles you have to go. Trust me on this one.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
People with tatoos are just show offs, a status simbol. And a status is when you try to impress people you don't care about. Those you care about know you anyway, with or without tatoos. They just hope that someone will see the tatoo and say "wooooooow, you are an Ironman, soooooo cooooool" and your ego goes up and up and you think "I am sooooooo cooooool"

I don't need a tattoo to think that.

Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [ironmate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this link... Very cool.....
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [Need4Speed305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Need4Speed305 wrote:
I just read this and almost choked. You are ignorant...period. I have a half sleeve tattoo, elbow to shoulder, covered completely around the arm in all black. It's a soldiers grave with a flag at half mast in the background and the POW MIA flag with the letters "Not Forgotten". One of my old soldiers (I trained him when he was a private) was ambushed in Iraq and he was taken prisoner for 6 months before they tortured him and killed him. I got this tattoo to always remember him, his mother cried when she saw it. Not a day goes by where I don't think what he must have went through, what his family went through, and ultimately the price he paid to help maintain our freedom in America. I was injured myself over there but never lost any soldiers, now a good part of what was my combat team is buried in the ground. These were my men, my friends, my brothers. I could care less if anyone ever sees my tattoo. I got this for me, not for anyone else. I got this to remind myself that good men die and they should be remembered. My ego is non-existent when it comes to my tattoo, in fact when I wear a shirt all you see are the boots at the bottom, and that's all I let people see, I don't display it. Your one sided look on things leads me to believe you live a sheltered life, not everyone is out for an ego driven ride and not every tattoo is a "look at me" symbol. If the OP wants an M-Dot tat, let him. If every time he looks at it he thinks of how hard he worked to "earn" that and it makes him smile, them let him. If you think that is stupid, it's your choice and opinion, but don't think that all tattoos are for everyone else to oogle at. It's taken me a long time have have lenience for people and be more open with my opinions, you should give it a try, some people will surprise you with what they have on the inside and it may not always fit whats on the outside.

thank you for yours and your "brothers in arms " service to maintain our way of life
Last edited by: thuddddddd: Jan 20, 11 20:37
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [agegrouptri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should be really cool and get a WTC tattoo instead. Even better marketing for them.
Been doing these things for 29 years and the "Ironman" mentality wears off. The thrill of competing that far does not.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:

sure, if you see it before you really really really like that person. I doubt you'd pick up your clothes and walk out of someone's room you were just getting ready to sleep with if they dropped trou and lo and behold they had a Roy Orbison tattoo on their butt....well ok, maybe if it was a tattoo of Roy Orbison on his ass, but you get the point.

http://www.facebook.com/ReconFoundationTeam
http://www.facebook.com/MarineReconFoundation
http://www.reconfoundation.org
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [TriMarine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not an IM tattoo but my temporary tattoo for the day....

Quote Reply

Prev Next