Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Texas Live Coverage
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any issues with the live coverage. It isn't coming up on my end, but I had a friend text this morning that Dirty Harry and Starky were boxing in transition. Not sure how much he was kidding or whether he was even watching live coverage but he is here in Florida so definitely not on site.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Live Coverage [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Blog portion doesn't show when I pull up the feed.

And whoever idea it was for the 'video' should be shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dont think there is a live coverage like last year or last month in SA which is a shame. Or I ve missed the link.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Live Coverage [frenchieTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it wasn't working for me. Interested to hear what happened. Starky is smashing the bike!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Live Coverage [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know about his run fitness? Not much on his blog lately and his twitter is too much to sift through. Been a fan for a long time but it seems like a hell of a comeback pace. Maybe he overbikes planning on running a slower marathon anyway? I mean maybe his competitors feel the same way and let him build a 20-25 min lead thinking he cant hang on the thon.
Last edited by: adambeston: Apr 22, 17 7:44
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Live Coverage [adambeston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adambeston wrote:
Anyone know about his run fitness? Not much on his blog lately and his twitter is too much to sift through. Been a fan for a long time but it seems like a hell of a comeback pace. Maybe he overbikes planning on running a slower marathon anyway? I mean maybe his competitors feel the same way and let him build a 20-25 min lead thinking he cant hang on the thon.

At the Pro meeting, he was asking the officials where they would like him to walk. So don't expect too much inthe run.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Live Coverage [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would hope that is not just to get the "record" but with his luck in Dubai and the wreck I'd say let him have his time in the sun. Think he ca break 4 hours? Looks like he has a shot! I think this is what a lot of ST has wanted to see. An Uberbiker totally not caring about the run. Interesting to see if he races next year the difference in pace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At 8 miles Butterfield is 8 min back in 2nd and Hanson is only about 30 sec behind him
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Live Coverage [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*Not to sidetrack, but if this is type of coverage they will have in St. George someone shot definitely get their asses kicked lol
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Live Coverage [ErickBar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like starky is walking it in. Just gave him 3 cookies at 16 mile aid station.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The coverage is embarrassing, it really is crappy
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Live Coverage [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Seriously terrible given their 2015 press release. And worse is their mobile experience. Ipad experience was terrible. Rare nowadays folks use desktop. If a company is not in the mobile game theyre fucked. Ironman seriously.....at least get the timing updates right. And offer a $5 option with content. Id pay. As it was i was tracking via sportstats.ca & twitter....

image: http://cdn.triathlete.com/.../2JB2626-631x421.jpg

Photo: John David Becker
Ironman has announced that it plans to provide advanced data tracking and video coverage for all professional athletes at October’s Ironman World Championship, September’s Ironman 70.3 World Championship and the five regional championships.

For each event Ironman will produce Ironman Live, a hosted online show with in-depth coverage of the professional race that will include live GPS tracking for every pro. Professional triathletes will also be given the option to transmit biometric and power data, with the data ultimately being integrated into the new tracking platform, IronFan.

“We believe this initiative will draw more attention to and improve engagement with our sport,” said Andrew Messick, Chief Executive Officer of Ironman in the press release. “We are taking a major step forward by leveraging technology to create a more colorful and comprehensive experience for fans and the media. Our hope is that we will be able to expand this innovation to all races and to age-group athletes in the future.”

After testing the program at the Ironman World Championship in 2014, Ironman will start to roll out the new technology for the live coverage in a beta test at the Ironman Asia-Pacific Championship in Melbourne on March 22, 2015. Other regional championships include the Ironman North American Championship in Woodlands, Texas on May 16, the Ironman Latin American Championship in Florianopolis, Brasil on May 31, the Ironman European Championship in Frankfurt, Germany on July 5 and the Ironman African Championship in Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa on March 29.

Read more at http://www.triathlete.com/...#0gFPtmSmtyIsVkUo.99

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Live Coverage [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday was awful.....didnt they have mobile cameras following the leaders on the run last year?? I did think Lieto did a good job adding color to the live blog....but he didn't have much to work with as far as support.

Today....Peru 70.3. The coverage is barely existent.
Quote Reply