Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman South Africa Coverage
Quote | Reply
I know that it's the middle of the night for most of the American continent, but the coverage for IMSA is quite good. Fun to watch so far. It looks like the winds and heat could get quite vicious.

Loving to listen to PNF's insights. Jodie Swallow the is blowing the women's bike apart. Like to see how much ground Cait Snow can make up on the run (she's nearly 20 mins down early in the bike). Camilla Pedersen is back from her accident and racing well, which is great to see. Would be hard to bet against Swallow or Van Lierde.

I know you there's a lot of IM criticism out there, but I really enjoy watching long course racing live. The 70.3s are also a heck of a lot of fun to watch live. Let's hope that IM continues to give us the chance to watch these incredible athletes do the best races in the world.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman South Africa Coverage [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My good friend and frequent contributor here, Dev Paul is doing this now. Approaching the end of the bike leg. Keep it up Dev!

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman South Africa Coverage [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
konaexpress wrote:
My good friend and frequent contributor here, Dev Paul is doing this now. Approaching the end of the bike leg. Keep it up Dev!

Dev is now almost half way through the run. My sister will give me an update when he runs past them in about 15 min

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman South Africa Coverage [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
I know that it's the middle of the night for most of the American continent, but the coverage for IMSA is quite good.

yes they are pretty well organized. The other commentator Gerald de Kock is a big sports presenter in SA. Him and PNF have done quite a good job I think.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman South Africa Coverage [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
konaexpress wrote:

My sister says Dev is smiling, but might be faking it. I told them to tell him Rob and Barry say "go Dev". I think he was close to top 10 in 50-54

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman South Africa Coverage [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12th place. Pretty outstanding from someone coming from Canada's tundra and only did about 2% of his bike training outside. Way to go Dev, I believe that is #28. 2-3 more years and you will pass me in IMs completed!

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply