Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ironman Louisville 2015
Quote | Reply
Just signed up for Louisville.

I slogged through IMKY back in 2010, when it was miserably hot and humid. Inadequate training and the extreme temps (along with no water on course for miles 70-100) almost caused a DNF.

Going back in 2015, hopefully to a cooler race this time around. Hope to race it this time around. :)

The race is the same weekend as Kona, too.

Who else?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville 2015 [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm signed up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good Luck, d00d!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville 2015 [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Good Luck, d00d!!!

haha, you in?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. I had signed up even before the IMFL duathlon (my 1st IM), but it has a bit more meaning now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
d00d,

I signed up for IM Maryland 2015.

japarker24

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am planning on signing up (haven't yet) and heading back for the first time since 2010, where I DID dnf. That was an unbelievable year in terms of heat. Just unreal. I'm excited!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for IM #9.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did 2010 back in 2010 too... When I lived in KY... Wish I could come back and rock 2015 in KY but it's a far trip from California :)

Good luck!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After 4 halfs My first full will be texas in May and Louisville will be # 2 Many people discuss the heat in previous years.
Now that the race is in oct. What do you think the weather will be like ? How hot and humid can an oct race be ?
I hope it to be mild conditions.
Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for 2015 for #12. I did it for the first time this year and it lived up to the hype of being "hot". Looking forward to a kinder, cooler, IMKY next year ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville 2015 [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trying to decide on this or B2B for my first full.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville 2015 [pigpen73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pigpen73 wrote:
Many people discuss the heat in previous years.
Now that the race is in oct. What do you think the weather will be like ? How hot and humid can an oct race be ?

As an almost lifelong Kentuckian, the high could be anything from 80 to 50 but most likely in the 60s/70s. The low could be in the 40s which would make for a cool start but a great run. Humidity will be low unless it's raining but if it is it will be cool. You can check wunderground.com for historical data but in general, October is the best month of the year and I am really looking forward to it. At the end of the day, if we get the worst conditions possible which would be 50s and rain, I will take that over 95 and humid.

James Haycraft wrote:
That was an unbelievable year in terms of heat. Just unreal. I'm excited!

I hear ya. 2010 was my first and I'm glad to have simply finished. I went back in 2011 and swore I wouldn't return despite living an hour away and having free lodging until they moved it to a cooler time of year. 2015 should be great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Signed up for 2015. IMLou #3 for me. Being a crappy swimmer, I'm hoping for big currents and wetsuit legal. My goal - faster swim time than the empty Doritos bag at IMChoo.

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Participated in the 12 and 13 versions of the Ville. Will be back in for 15. My family just moved to Louisville (I'm military deployed unaccompanied to Japan) and as strange as it sounds, Louisville is one of the only WTC races that will fit into my work schedule. Great course. Interested to see if I can go faster in a different month.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironman number 3 and back to the Ville for the 3rd time! I've enjoyed racing in the heat twice, but some cooler temps and a wetsuit swim will be nice! Very excited to be heading back to Louisville!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville 2015 [billyho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will be my first after having done 4 HIM's in 2014. Psyched about the October date. This will either be my first and last, or the start of something crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville 2015 [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
Signed up for 2015. IMLou #3 for me. Being a crappy swimmer, I'm hoping for big currents and wetsuit legal. My goal - faster swim time than the empty Doritos bag at IMChoo.

I think it's pretty much guaranteed to be wetsuit legal that time of year. I checked an online source around Oct 11 this year and it was 67 degrees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on if/when it will sell out?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville 2015 [alligatorCAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alligatorCAN wrote:
Any thoughts on if/when it will sell out?

No idea, but IMTX just sold out a few days ago. I think some of the ppl that missed TX are going to start looking at IMKY.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a weird response when I asked someone at IM how registration was looking. There is a guy on FB that knows the race director and seems to think it will sell out by the beginning of the year. The message I got from someone at WTC was it was pretty open. Which I read as still a lot of space.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Signed up too. This will be IM #6 for me but first time in Louisville thanks to the date change. Looking forward to a later season IM for a change.

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in! IMLP in July and IMKY in October. Thinking about retiring after Louisville. Hear the finish line is one of the very best. So I'll either retire "again", or signup for another in 2016.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in!

d00d wrote:
Just signed up for Louisville.

I slogged through IMKY back in 2010, when it was miserably hot and humid. Inadequate training and the extreme temps (along with no water on course for miles 70-100) almost caused a DNF.

Going back in 2015, hopefully to a cooler race this time around. Hope to race it this time around. :)

The race is the same weekend as Kona, too.

Who else?

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in- first timer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next