Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Frankfurt vs Challenge Roth
Quote | Reply
 Sorry if this is done before but couldn't find much during my search. I'm travelling to Germany next July 2016 and am hoping to do an iron-distance while I'm there. It would only be my second IM and obviously, I want it to be memorable. The first one was IM South Africa which was amazing in terms of a spectacular course, great organisation and unbelievable crowd support. THe obvious choice for IM #2 is IM Frankfurt or Challenge Roth. I know both sell out quickly, especially Roth, but entries for Frankfurt open next week already so I need to decide asap. Thanks for any input.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt vs Challenge Roth [Splinter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done Frankfurt 3 times and will be doing it again next year,brilliant race.
I think they are both similar in many ways,Roth has faster bike course
Dontthink you can go wrong with either but the crowd support and finish line at Frankfurt do it for me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done Roth 6 times (so far). I have also done a lot of IMs in a lot of places. I have not done Frankfurt and I hear it is great. However, Roth is beyond anything else I have ever done (including IMH). I do not believe there is anything in the triathlon world that compares to Solar Berg. I am lobbying my wife to go again in 2016!

I am in this photo heading up Solar:

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My good German friend has done both multiple times and we had this discussion when I came to do Roth.

Roth is the greatest triathlon on the planet. Full stop.
I think it's the largest sporting event in all of Bavaria.
That being said, it's extraordinarily difficult to get into... gotta be super fast on the computer.

My friend said that Frankfurt is a fantastic race as well, just not quite the craziness of Roth.

You will love either race though. Germany is my favourite place to race triathlons.

My wife and I are actually considering next years Roth.
Quote Reply