Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Cheating [p2k2001] [ In reply to ]

In most US jurisdictions there is a crime called "theft of services." This applies. He, the d-bag in question, stole from WTC. He received services---a triathlon, food, traffic control, lifeguards, finishers medal and shirt, athlete race bag, etc., etc....--without paying for them. No gray area here. Just the facts, ma'am. Also, since he perputrated a fraud on USAT they can take action against him, too. Let's see what the score is....1. WTC 2. USAT 3. Law enforcement, d-bag-0! Don't pick up the soap!

Habitual line stepper.

Re: Ironman Cheating [zoom] [ In reply to ]

zoom wrote:
You do realize that you are arguing with a lady in her 50s right? Why are you giving a woman in her 50s a hard time when all she's doing is asking a question?

you should read things twice

Re: Ironman Cheating [zoom] [ In reply to ]

zoom wrote:
You do realize that you are arguing with a lady in her 50s right? Why are you giving a woman in her 50s a hard time when all she's doing is asking a question?

--

How exactly am I arguing with the OP ?

I asked why after only one post ever and four pages of ST banter why there was no response......The OP's misinterpretation of my use of the word " bitching" is thier own worry and not yours....

It is clear that I am on the OP's side and will do all I can to expose this (alleged) prick for the (alleged)cheating douche that he is..

So you can get your facts straight and fuck off!!

Please feel free to respond in kind as it is very early on New Years morning and nothing you can say will insult me more than the drunken Aussies I have already had to deal with in the last few hours

Oh,and Happy New Year to all...

-----
Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Dec 31, 11 7:36

Re: Ironman Cheating [triaim] [ In reply to ]

I've watched this one with popcorn since post #7.....awesome! I remember seeing that couple on the run, I also remember seeing A LOT of non numbered people pacing significant others out there.

Use my name, randydial, in the promo/VIP code for 40% off @ http://www.e-rudy.com

Re: Ironman Cheating [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]

lacticturkey wrote:
isnt that a photo of Dave Scott winning Kona '86 ?

LOL

http://www.jt10000.com/

Re: Ironman Cheating [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]

The OP is not obligated to monitor this thread in real time. Maybe she was busy or at work.

Re: Ironman Cheating [DavidC] [ In reply to ]

DavidC wrote:
The OP is not obligated to monitor this thread in real time. Maybe she was busy or at work.

---

If you were so hardly done by in this manner wouldn't you be monitoring and participating in a thread that you started?

---
Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Dec 31, 11 7:58

Re: Ironman Cheating [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]

Well Nick, perhaps the OP has a life besides posting on tri forums so she didn't have time to reply back quickly. :-)

Happy new year down under!!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com

triaim wrote:
Bitch... I've been called that a few times... glad that my skin is tough. I'm sure that word or worse will be said before all of this is over. Whatever!

I've been in contact with Ironman, waiting to hear back from them on how they will handle it. They did send me a copy of the fake ID, seems at this particular Ironman, they Xeroxed the IDs as people checked in. I can not recall an event when that happened, so consider myself pretty lucky. The ID is about as crappy and fake-looking as is can possibly be. The morons didn't bother to create one from scratch, used his drivers license and blocked out his personal information (did leave his picture and own driver's license on the fake) and replaced it with inaccurate information of mine..... Aimee is now a male... 5'10" and 165... the volunteers in Mexico buy it.

I've spoken with the US Attorney's office... they prosecute but do not investigate. So far I've had to contact the Secret Service office, FBI and still have a few offices to contact. As I do not know if anything else was done with the fake ID, I plan to continue to pursue it with every office that I can. I've also contacted USAT and am waiting for them to investigate as they either hacked into my account to print out my USAT card or forged information to obtain a one day license.

My only road block so far is that some of the government offices will not pursue it unless it involves finances of over $5000. I believe that I will have to fight this at the state leveI am determined to do something.... beyond the fact that they cheated, my identity was stolen.

This is bound to get ugly. Bitch is mild!

A couple of things...

1. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but, as I stated earlier, USAT would have no dog in this fight. IMCoz is not a USAT sanctioned event, since Mexico isn't part of the USA.
2. You're in a rock and a hard place when it comes to law enforcement for several reasons. I am an FBI Agent (I can't help but not say that like Keanu Reeves in Point Break) so I feel I can intelligently address this part of the equation.
- It was in a foreign country. That's by far the biggest hurdle you'll face. We could debate some possible semantics about where the fabricated documents were made (probably in the USA) but the best venue option for prosecution is Mexico. That's where the race was held, that's where they stole your identity, that's the country they entered while carrying false identification documents, etc.
- Mexico won't do a damn thing about it.
- Even if you could overcome the foreign country venue issue (which you probably cannot) and establish some kind of venue in the USA, there isn't a federal law enforcement agency or US Attorney's Office that will investigate it. It's just not a big enough deal to warrant the use of federal resources. That's just the reality. Federal criminal fraud prosecution really needs the following ingredients: a violation of a US federal crime as defined by some Title 18 USC statute, a victim, a loss, and that it meets the threshold limits of the district. I've had million dollar fraud cases turned down because there were bigger cases that had to be prioritized. My district is much larger than the Eastern District of Louisiana but the loss in this case is still just $600 or so.
- I'm not exactly sure what local/state law enforcement could do. They're even more hamstrung by the venue issue but I could see charging them with some minor theft charge. The problem with that is you had no intention on going to the race so it could be argued it was "victimless" (which would also be applicable to federal charges).

Best of luck. Those people deserve whatever is coming to them if all this is true.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: GMAN19030: Jan 1, 12 8:39

The honey badger really doesn't give a shit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

This thread has full retard status written all over it.

Re: Ironman Cheating [Jackb] [ In reply to ]

Any way to tell if she (Drye) grabbed a Kona slot with her 6th place in her AG? If she nabbed a KQ out of this ordeal (obvious outside assistance from a non-registered athlete in the form of pacing on the run) that is just wrong.

Re: Ironman Cheating [p2k2001] [ In reply to ]

This would make a riveting half episode of Judge Judy.

Re: Ironman Cheating [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]

Quote:
there's isn't a federal law enforcement agency or US Attorney's Office that will investigate it. It's just not a big enough deal to warrant the use of federal resources. That's just the reality. Federal criminal fraud prosecution really needs the following ingredients: a violation of a US federal crime as defined by some Title 18 USC statute, a victim, a loss, and that it meets the threshold limits of the district. I've had million dollar fraud cases turned down because there were bigger cases that had to be prioritized.

Forgive me asking but what the hell good are you guys if this is the norm? Turn down million dollar fraud case because you're too busy busting pot farmers? Yes, I know the FBI is not the DEA but you're all sharing the same (enormous sum of) money.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb

Re: Ironman Cheating [avagoyamug] [ In reply to ]

avagoyamug wrote:
This would make a riveting half episode of Judge Judy.

...and Dr. Phil could put some real shit on the perps!

Way to go for thread of the year on the last day. Joking aside. What this guy did is criminal to say the least. I'm guessing the most you can hope for due to the circumstances is a lifetime ban for the guy and his girlfriend to all future IM related events (of course he has no problem falsifying information to get in anyway) Can't believe he followed through and crossed the finish line. That is most amazing to me of all.

P.S. give ultratriguy a break. He didn't call you anything. I was also interested in hearing a response from you after this guys identity was revealed. Though I'm sure you've been busy.[/reply]

Re: Ironman Cheating [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]

GMAN19030 wrote:

A couple of things...

1. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but, as I stated earlier, USAT would have no dog in this fight. IMCoz is not a USAT sanctioned event, since Mexico isn't part of the USA.
2. You're in a rock and a hard place when it comes to law enforcement for several reasons. I am an FBI Agent (I can't help but not say that like Keanu Reeves in Point Break) so I feel I can intelligently address this part of the equation.
- It was in a foreign country. That's by far the biggest hurdle you'll face. We could debate some possible semantics about where the fabricated documents were made (probably in the USA) but the best venue option for prosecution is Mexico. That's where the race was held, that's where they stole your identity, that's the country they entered while carrying false identification documents, etc.
- Mexico won't do a damn thing about it.
- Even if you could overcome the foreign country venue issue (which you probably cannot) and establish some kind of venue in the USA, there's isn't a federal law enforcement agency or US Attorney's Office that will investigate it. It's just not a big enough deal to warrant the use of federal resources. That's just the reality. Federal criminal fraud prosecution really needs the following ingredients: a violation of a US federal crime as defined by some Title 18 USC statute, a victim, a loss, and that it meets the threshold limits of the district. I've had million dollar fraud cases turned down because there were bigger cases that had to be prioritized. My district is much larger than the Eastern District but the loss in this case is still just $600 or so.
- I'm not exactly sure what local/state law enforcement could do. They're even more hamstrung by the venue issue but I could see charging them with some minor theft charge. The problem with that is you had no intention on going to the race so it could be argued it was "victimless."

Best of luck. Those people deserve whatever is coming to them if all this is true.

So neither US federal or state government will do anything if someone forges a state ID and uses it in another country? Dang.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Last edited by: jt10000: Dec 31, 11 14:21

triaim wrote:
.... I've also contacted USAT and am waiting for them to investigate as they either hacked into my account to print out my USAT card or forged information to obtain a one day license.....

They didn't necessarily need your USAT card because in Cozumel we didn't have to show that ID. We had to just show them any ID, which was photocopied. As for the volunteers not checking very carefully, most were young, perhaps high school or early university-aged. Given that they were seeing IDs from many different countries and many different states, they would not have known what was fake or not.

Re: Ironman Cheating [jt10000] [ In reply to ]

jt10000 wrote:
So neither US federal or state government will do anything if someone forges a state ID and uses it in another country? Dang.

I am appalled at this too! Someone cheated at an Ironman, the Federal Government should send in the Navy Seals to sort this out!

Re: Ironman Cheating [The Authority] [ In reply to ]

I know you're being a smartass, but I'd have to agree with others that the type of crime (identity theft, which needs to have more attention payed to it these days) is serious regardless of the purpose of the crime.

Either way, this couple (the cheater / pacer) have issues.

--------------------------------------------------------

It seemed like a good idea at the time. . .

Re: Ironman Cheating [The Authority] [ In reply to ]

The Authority wrote:
jt10000 wrote:

I am appalled at this too! Someone cheated at an Ironman, the Federal Government should send in the Navy Seals to sort this out!

POTD!

Re: Ironman Cheating [type-B] [ In reply to ]

type-B wrote:
I know you're being a smartass, but I'd have to agree with others that the type of crime (identity theft, which needs to have more attention payed to it these days) is serious regardless of the purpose of the crime.

You open up the newspaper and read that the Feds are involving 3-4 different agencies and spending a couple hundred thousand of dollars to investigate this crap. You're going to tell me you're going to think it's good use of our tax dollars?! Give me a fucking break!

"It seemed like a good idea at the time. . ."

I just gotta say that I LOVE how many people think a US entity should so something. As far as anyone knows NOTHING illegal happened in the US. Hello people... Cozumel is in Mexico. Mexico is NOT in the US.

Re: Ironman Cheating [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]

Falsifying a state issued drivers license is a violation of federal law. That is the jurisdiction of the feds. What happened at the triathlon is an issue for WTC to sort out.

True it happened outside the U.S. but from what I understand is a U.S. citizen stole another U.S. citizens identification... I don't know what the consequences are but some action should be taken I would assume.

Anyways.... no to hijack but what was the controversy with Newbz?

SpicedRum wrote:
I just gotta say that I LOVE how many people think a US entity should so something. As far as anyone knows NOTHING illegal happened in the US. Hello people... Cozumel is in Mexico. Mexico is NOT in the US.

Is it?!!....
http://nhenin.files.wordpress.com/...4/absolut1.jpg?w=500

bikefitasia.com

Prev Next