Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Cheating [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

LOL there's another FB post where the female racer actually calls the male a cheater (different race it seem): "b. Crazy=cheater=so why am i dating a cheater?? c. He was running away from me b/c he knew I was pi$$ed and d. The bet was a 70.3 which he did not do, and he did not train for properly..."

If I was the OP, I'd still call the police and see what they have to say re: ID. That's the far scarier offense here...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS

TravisT wrote:
He is 54. They seem to have a habit of finishing close together. Wonder if it is more pacing.http://www.lafayettefitness.org/...VERALL%20RESULTS.HTM[/quote[/url]]

Its her boyfriend and she says so in some of her pics.

ok. Then he would have been 5th which would have earned an award. I guess it is a true story.

Anyway, her fb page has a picture of her with him where she says "my boyfriend" and then he's tagged. So he's outed for the most part.

Re: Ironman Cheating [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]

Ain't those FB privacy settings a bitch?

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS

Ken Legeai

Leigh Ayn Drye

When asked what irks him he replied,
"Cheats, smokers and arrogance. In that order."
-C. Stoltz

Re: Ironman Cheating [mike@wahoo] [ In reply to ]

wait, where's the part about him trying to make a living as a coach?

This is getting better and better.

Re: Ironman Cheating [triaim] [ In reply to ]

keep it simple; contact the police and a lawyer.

Have Fun ** Tri Hard ** Be Kind

Re: Ironman Cheating [EightySixer] [ In reply to ]

Courtesy of Mark Zuckerberg!

When asked what irks him he replied,
"Cheats, smokers and arrogance. In that order."
-C. Stoltz

Re: Ironman Cheating [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]

I hadn't read the ENTIRE thread yet. So even though I'm now convinced it's real, the initial thoughts were valid because of what I stated.

Google Leigh Drye triathlete. This thread comes up on the first page.

16 Ken Legeai 143 53 M 33 45:48.9 45:48 29 3:07.9 13 2:09:34.6 18.5 15 1:29.2 14 1:32:05.6 9:13 4:32:06.2

17 Leigh Drye 136 41 F 25 35:37.9 35:37 14 1:35.9 12 2:09:23.6 18.5 8 1:00.7 21 1:45:49.4 10:35 4:33:27.5

I can't figure that out. Swim times way off. Bike times very similar (but they'd be on the bike at different times based on their swim splits). Then run times significantly different, but they finish close to each other.

edit: sorry for the format... It didn't just cut and paste like I hoped.

I'm assuming they were in different waves.. it's just weird.
Last edited by: SpicedRum: Dec 30, 11 14:41

maybe someone should drop her an email and see if she'd like to chime in....explain herself maybe.

So let me get this straight...trying to summarize what I was speed reading.

• An athlete wants her boyfriend to accompany her at a race
  • Race is sold out
  • Boyfriend forges ID of another racer who is from the same town but not going to race
  • Race pictures, now posted on this thread shows boyfriend finishing 2 second behind
  • Someone figures out who the female athlete is and checks her facebook which has open privacy settings
  • Boyfriend is tagged in a few photos
  • Everyone is busted (at least on the internet)!
Did we miss anything? At least it took longer to bust finman!

To the OP, quickly capture this thread and confront boyfriend about the identity theft via your lawyer (or whatever legal means). The usage of the identity would bother me more than using the race entry!!!

I will make it easy

Re: Ironman Cheating [calsbeek] [ In reply to ]

she's not the one who stole someone's ID and raced under it. She might be guilty of 'cheating' if he paced her. But his actions are far worse. I'd like to hear what he has to say. I bet it's "I'm pleading the 5th" or something!

Re: Ironman Cheating [Jackb] [ In reply to ]

bravo.

Another website posted the results, apparently before IM pulled the OP's name.

Looks to me like the OP is a female, which make the impersonation even more crazy. Imagine the conversation at registration.

Re: Ironman Cheating [Forward Bias] [ In reply to ]

no, I doubt op is a woman. I think he's a 55-59 yr old man.

Read on...

Note to self...

DO NOT do anything stupid to get sandbagged on ST!!

Seriously, to the OP-call the police and make a statement/complaint. Forging a government issued ID is a felony. Forget the fact that WTC should can his D-Bag ass, your local DA should be paying him a visit as well.

This guy took advantage of you by assuming your identity and racing on your dime-he could have just banditted the race and avoided all of this hassle! I think he needs to be taught a lesson.

JM

"Hold on, you run a marathon AFTER you ride your bike?!?....oh, you people are just insane"......(my Mom)

Rockin' the W in 2013!! Wattie Ink Elite Team

Re: Ironman Cheating [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]

Yes, you got it right Dev. Pretty interesting (and scary) how you can find out so much about a person just knowing a few small pieces of info. A finishing time and a race event were the only 2 things the OP put out there. From there we now have tons of info on the 2 people. We didn't even know what the guys name was but that was found pretty easy.

To the OP, I suggest printing this out now. Before Slowman is forced to pull it for some reason

Re: Ironman Cheating [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]

devashish_paul wrote:

To the OP, quickly capture this thread and confront boyfriend about the identity theft via your lawyer (or whatever legal means). The usage of the identity would bother me more than using the race entry!!!

+1 Dev!!

JM

"Hold on, you run a marathon AFTER you ride your bike?!?....oh, you people are just insane"......(my Mom)

Rockin' the W in 2013!! Wattie Ink Elite Team

you can also find out where she works or worked... and that it's a family business that "has grown to be an icon in the New Orleans area"

Last edited by: SpicedRum: Dec 30, 11 14:54

Post deleted by sciguy [ In reply to ]

Bottom line is there is no private life anymore.

What anyone one does is essentially public domain, regardless of what privacy settings are set on what social networking website.

Yes the OP should capture the thread now before all the FB settings get changed and the data to prove the identity theft is not as readily available.

Re: Ironman Cheating [sciguy] [ In reply to ]

NO 70.3

Prev Next