Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ironman Chattanooga 2017
Quote | Reply
Who is in this year? Looks like it's going to be on the toasty side weather-wise second year in a row.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga 2017 [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny you say that cuz I was excited that the temp was going to be "mild" as the high temp is supposed to be 81 degrees as opposed to 94 degrees last year. Any word on the water temp.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there, ready to channel my inner potato chip bag as I float downstream.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga 2017 [IMStillTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMStillTrying wrote:
Funny you say that cuz I was excited that the temp was going to be "mild" as the high temp is supposed to be 81 degrees as opposed to 94 degrees last year. Any word on the water temp.

Depending on when you look at accuweather it gets as high as 88-89 with high humidity. Weather channel pegs it at 81-82, but historically they have not been super accurate.

I heard that the water is holding in 74-75sh range. With a hot week coming up my money would be on wet suit "optional".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crapola. hot it is, I guess. Good luck on the race. I just bought a swim skin just in case. Looks like I'll need it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rain on Wednesday and Friday could raise water levels, leading to a faster downstream current :-)

As someone who trained in Florida's 90+F and 90+% humidity all summer, those Chattanooga temps are looking nice!

See you there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there for my first Ironman!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in, looking forward to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga 2017 [PandP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#6 for me. Remember to hydrate. Usually I drink 24 oz per hour in 75 degree weather, planning on adding 12-20 more oz of water per hour and will adjust based on pee rate.

On the bright side there's ~2% chance of rain, maybe it'll cool us down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In. First ironman. If it's high of 85, I can deal with that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It will be my first full IM.. I'm from Texas so that weather sounds nice. Anyone know where to find water temp data for Chattanooga? Gonna bring both wetsuit and swimskin but would like to know what to mentally prepare for
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga 2017 [AngryGiraffe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At this point, mentally prepare for either since it's sure to be close
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga 2017 [AngryGiraffe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can get an idea here, but it won't be exact. 70.3 Worlds was wetsuit at 76.1 F, but like the other post said, plan for both.http://tnfishingreport.com/...s/lakes/chickamauga/
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga 2017 [TomTriesTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did an open water 2 miles swim race in the Tennessee River this morning in Huntsville AL, and it was to cold not to wear a wetsuit. I swam without one and had some real issues toward the end. Three hours later, and I'm still not feeling right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7th IM and first Chattanooga. Not looking forward to the heat, but it won't be as bad as TX 2015.

Had some change of plans due to a sick family member, so if anyone wants to rent some of my 3 empty rooms let me know. My brother and I have a 5 bedroom house about 2 miles from T1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
who is going to come on here and give us first times the "real deal" on the im chattanooga course. swim of course should be smooth sailing as all with current. sounds like the bike is mostly rollers with a steep section at hog jowl rd, is that correct? anything else to concern myself with on the bike? on the run sounds like barton ave is the killer. pacing myself on the run with those hills will be challenging.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In for #9, Did IMMT 5 weeks ago and felt it was warm there...LOL,... not looking forward to 85 and humid:/ First time at Chatty so looking forward to a new venue. Good luck everybody.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga 2017 [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
who is going to come on here and give us first times the "real deal" on the im chattanooga course. swim of course should be smooth sailing as all with current. sounds like the bike is mostly rollers with a steep section at hog jowl rd, is that correct? anything else to concern myself with on the bike? on the run sounds like barton ave is the killer. pacing myself on the run with those hills will be challenging.

The bike course is surprisingly fast, for the elevation gain...nothing really remarkable. The run is a BITCH.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga 2017 [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least the predicted temp dropping 1 degree to 87 degrees 😉 Which will when we are on the run course
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga 2017 [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. By all accounts, the run sounds brutal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMStillTrying wrote:
At least the predicted temp dropping 1 degree to 87 degrees 😉 Which will when we are on the run course

I better pack a long sleeve shirt in my run special needs bag. 😜
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga 2017 [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ðŸ‘ðŸ¼
On a serious note. Is there anyplace to swim on Saturday. Nearby lake perhaps?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Checkout Facebook group

Ironman Chattanooga 144.6

There's chatter on there about swimming and I'm guessing organized swim info might pop up there. Others have mentioned swimming at the dam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in, me and my training buddy are coming from central nc on Friday. Hoping for at least the humidity to be in check and maybe partly cloudy. I'm due for a good weather IM, my last three IM races all had weather issues.

IMNC Bike cut short because of flood and then gail force winds of the bike

IMCabo felt like I was swimming in a bathtub and riding/running on the Sun + Mexican Gatorade=total meltdown

IM Florida. Swim cancelled, 45 degrees and gail force winds. I literally saw people standing up mashing the pedals on a flat road going 5-8 mph into the headwind

I am due for a perfect weather day so please have mercy IM weather gods
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga 2017 [ktm278] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ktm, you better not jinx us!
Quote Reply

Prev Next