Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Iron War poster or high Rez image
Quote | Reply
I'd love a copy of the iconic picture of Mark Allen next to Dave Scott during the end of the 1989 race as a poster for my wall. Can't find one. Is there a high Rez image I could have printed or any other option?
Quote Reply
Re: Iron War poster or high Rez image [mpderksen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

http://cdn.triathlon.competitor.com/...89_LoisSchwartzb.jpg

http://www.gordoworld.com/.../markdave-754754.jpg

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I managed to get the Ironman 1990 promo poster with that image on ebay, about 8 years ago. The wife thinks it's a bit homoerotic?! It's been rolled-up in a tube somewhere since we moved house; the garage is the only place it would be allowed & I don't want any damp spoiling it =)

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've have a copy of this poster signed by both Mark and Dave. Framed and under glass and hanging on the wall. I had a second copy of the poster and I think it's in a tube in my attic. I'll PM you if I can find it.

Z
Quote Reply
Re: Iron War poster or high Rez image [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jorgan wrote:
The wife thinks it's a bit homoerotic?!

Probably the exposed nipple. Maybe cover it up with a nipple tassel?
Quote Reply
Re: Iron War poster or high Rez image [dado0583] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dado0583 wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
The wife thinks it's a bit homoerotic?!

Probably the exposed nipple. Maybe cover it up with a nipple tassel?

"We can fix it in Post"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Iron War poster or high Rez image [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha. I had to look that up to understand the reference. Nice one
Quote Reply
Re: Iron War poster or high Rez image [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tomziebart wrote:
I've have a copy of this poster signed by both Mark and Dave. Framed and under glass and hanging on the wall. I had a second copy of the poster and I think it's in a tube in my attic. I'll PM you if I can find it.

Z

That would be awesome. Not looking for a hand out, happy to give you something for it.

Michael
Quote Reply
Re: Iron War poster or high Rez image [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jorgan wrote:
I managed to get the Ironman 1990 promo poster with that image on ebay, about 8 years ago. The wife thinks it's a bit homoerotic?! It's been rolled-up in a tube somewhere since we moved house; the garage is the only place it would be allowed & I don't want any damp spoiling it =)

Does your wife understand the whole back story behind that pic??? With all due respect to your spouse, I can't see how anyone who really understood the story could think of that pic as anything other than what it is: the iconic picture of the greatest Kona race ever, at least to date. I say put your poster up inside the house and, if she doesn't like it, tough sh*t. Then again, perhaps this is why i'm not married:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry - I went up in the attic and looked for the second poster - could not find it. Of, course my attic is a mess, so it might be up there somewhere - next time my wife tells me to clean it up, I'll take another look. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So does anyone know of another source? In the digital age, I can't believe a file with a printable image (even if only up to 8 x 10) doesn't exist somewhere. Not trying to violate any copyrights, but a picture of a poster, shot with a good camera, preferably in RAW format, should be good enough for me. I don't need autographed and all that. But my internet search has come up totally dry. Searching on "Iron War" mostly brings up images from the book cover, not the poster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like there may be ones available on ebay.uk although it states the seller is on holiday:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IRONMAN-1990-TRIATHLON-HAWAII-POSTER-KAILUA-KONA-MARATHON-ORIGINAL-in-MINT-/171722256761

Quote Reply