Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Interview with Ironman Maryland Champion
Quote | Reply
http://www.therealstarky.com/...an-maryland-champion

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Interview with Ironman Maryland Champion [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome interview. I loved the mention of Team Zoot!

-Michael Welch My Blog
Supported by: TEAM ZOOT Swiftwick
For all your endurance shopping needs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice - they really should have an overall podium don't you think? most non-pro races have an overall podium and an AG podium

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Interview with Ironman Maryland Champion [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wasn't aware there was no overall podium until I heard this.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Interview with Ironman Maryland Champion [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
nice - they really should have an overall podium don't you think? most non-pro races have an overall podium and an AG podium

As far as I know all races have one.
Quote Reply
Re: Interview with Ironman Maryland Champion [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So if you have an overall podium in a "open" field ,the first in a Ironman branded event since the early years... you normally pull the podium finishers out of the AG awards. So do you allocate Kona slots as normal, and just put them "back in" for the rolldown.

Should we be "fair and at IM races with a elite field get overall awards? I finished 4th at IMWI, I didn't get a special podium.

Other than the finishing banner, this race conducted EXACTLY like every other ironman race, only it was missing a prize purse and therefore no elite field. Why should it have been handled differently?

Most of the races I've done with overall winners also have prize purses or open elite fields where you are excluded from AG awards. That to me, is the form. Not having a prize purse for an event this size, even a small one is strange.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Interview with Ironman Maryland Champion [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I finished 4th at IMWI, I didn't get a special podium

------
I have no clue if you are a pro or AGer. I assume if AGer, you got 1st in whatever age group presentation they did? And I'm sure the next pro was on the top 5 podium during pro presentation, right?

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PAY ONE DEEP. :-P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
So do you allocate Kona slots as normal, and just put them "back in" for the rolldown. .
yes, slot allocation doesn't have to relate to the awards/podium. although a few years from now I'm guessing kona might be a points based system for AGs too maybe?

motoguy128 wrote:
I finished 4th at IMWI, I didn't get a special podium. .
yes I think if you podium overall, even if there are pros there, being an AGer should not disqualify you for that podium

motoguy128 wrote:
I...only it was missing a prize purse and therefore no elite field.
I don't think pros would have been eligible to race even if they wanted to (you may not race AG category as a pro)

motoguy128 wrote:
Not having a prize purse for an event this size, even a small one is strange.
at a minimum they should at least have some cool sponsor schwag, free entry to another WTC race, but yeah at least something even if not $

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
So if you have an overall podium in a "open" field ,the first in a Ironman branded event since the early years... you normally pull the podium finishers out of the AG awards. So do you allocate Kona slots as normal, and just put them "back in" for the rolldown.

How is that any different than when we have a local race that allows for spots to either world's or national's? Each AG gets its spots, but we still have an overall podium for the top 3 in each gender. It is incredibly easy to do.

Ian
Quote Reply