Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Internet Charlatan of a Coach
Quote | Reply

I have decided that my coach is an internet charlatan.

I wake up this morning... get dressed... make coffee... go outside to get the newspaper.

What a beautiful morning. Wow... Thank god I live in Kentucky, the most beautiful place on earth. I am really looking forward to my bike commute today.

Then I do my normal 6:00am conference call...

Then I look at my training peaks email. WTF!!!! [25 rounds] 30s all out 30s easy... that isnt even a little bit funny. How is that possibly a good idea.

On around the 20th rep I erp up what is left of the raisin bran.. seriously. WTF is he thinking giving this BS workout on a beautiful morning like this.

I dont know... maybe it is time for Endurance Nation?

Checkout http://www.iotexpert.com
Last edited by: alanhawse: Aug 27, 15 7:00
Quote Reply
Re: Internet Charlatan of a Coach [alanhawse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alanhawse wrote:
Then I look at my training peaks email. WTF!!!! 30s all out 30s easy... that isnt even a little bit funny. How is that possibly a good idea.

a whole minute of a workout.. sounds pretty good to me. Let me know how the results come out, I might contact your coach :D

30x30 on/30 off gets into suckville
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You got off easy

I got 31s all out 29s easy :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least your coach didn't fire you !

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trucker hat?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+you got off easy.

A few years back I decided not to go to Boise (the year it was really cold). Coach said let's do a 70.3 this weekend since you've been preparing to race this weekend. So 42 laps in a pool, 60 mile ride straight out of the locker room, and a hot 13 mile run, of which last 5 miles I was cramping pretty badly. Gee thanks coach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alanhawse wrote:

I know you're being sarcastic, but EN does plenty of 30/30s, or did at least in the past. It's a pretty common method for VO2 max work.

The wisdom of doing them in the middle of the on-season instead of as part of some sort of other periodization I'll leave between you and your coach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Age groupers don't need no stinking coach anyway. Just buy yourself a training plan. *pink*
Quote Reply
Re: Internet Charlatan of a Coach [tgarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tgarson wrote:
alanhawse wrote:

I know you're being sarcastic, but EN does plenty of 30/30s, or did at least in the past. It's a pretty common method for VO2 max work.

The wisdom of doing them in the middle of the on-season instead of as part of some sort of other periodization I'll leave between you and your coach.

I wasnt being sarcastic... because that would imply a meanness which I don't feel. Just teasing.

Checkout http://www.iotexpert.com
Quote Reply