Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Interbike pics now up - never seen before TT/Tri bikes
Quote | Reply

follow link below

- Gary
Last edited by: TimeTrial.org: Oct 13, 03 22:09
Quote Reply
Re: Interbike pics now up - never seen before TT/Tri bikes [TimeTrial.org] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that is a really cool paintjob on that trek teamtimetrial bike. I'd love it.

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Re: Interbike pics now up - never seen before TT/Tri bikes [TimeTrial.org] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In what sense is this a triathlon or time trial bike? It looks like a relax seat angle bike with a tall head tube and an aero downtube. That is to say it looks like a road bike with an aero downtube. Seems like it would only work as a time trial bike for those super flexible, skinny kids like I used to be but will never be again.

Am I missing something or do my eyes deceive me?
Quote Reply
Re: Interbike pics now up - never seen before TT/Tri bikes [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is some truth to what you say about the Moots, but if you want to see some more bikes that might soot you better, do like the man says and follow the link.

Ken
Quote Reply
Interbike request [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary, if you have a chance I'm interested in any information regarding the '04 Kestrel KM40. Just the general rundown of how it compares to '03, sizes available, construction and estimated price. (Oh yeah, and pics if available;-) )

And that Trek TT paintjob was definately amazing - what would paint like that go for?

Thanks for the pics Gary!

Josh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is on of the Guru's Ti? Great pics, but I the companies web sites had more info. Most don't have any info about these bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Interbike pics now up - never seen before TT/Tri bikes [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they're shallow angled (except maybe the Trek Hilo look-alike) 'coz they're supposed to be UCI-legal. can't have the saddle nose nearer than 5cm to the bottom bracket (bout 2 inches). definitely not what you would want if you're a 78deg kind of guy. pro roadies will usually get a smaller size than their usual road bike (so cockpit length will be shorter), use a short stem, ride the aerobars choked up, and ride on the tip of the saddle nose. all this compensation though will usually not result in the typical flat back, 90deg body angles that we triathletes are so fond of. of course they ride shorter time trials than us so comfort is a smaller concern. AND, whatever, their position, nobody 'round these parts will ever hold their wheel:-)

Kim
Quote Reply
Re: Interbike pics now up - never seen before TT/Tri bikes [dockimpoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also interested in the '04 KM40, so far I've only seen the small pics on the Kestrel site as well as some info on the Triathlete Magazine site, from what I've seen so far I like the '03 KM40 better...now I need to find an '03 on sale somewhere!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any info on the Giant? It actually looks to be a steep angled rig as contrasted with the TCR aero. Will it actually make it into the retail market?
Quote Reply
Re: Interbike pics now up - never seen before TT/Tri bikes [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"any info on the Giant?"

It certainly looks like the bike Team ONCE rode in the TDF TT this year. I'm drooling over it also. It would be about the same geometry as the TCR. Doubt if it will go into production but we can always hope.
Quote Reply
Re: Interbike pics now up - never seen before TT/Tri bikes [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"any info on the Giant?"

It certainly looks like the bike Team ONCE rode in the TDF TT this year. I'm drooling over it also. It would be about the same geometry as the TCR. Doubt if it will go into production but we can always hope.
I doubt it. Looks like next year's Tour Giant's will be hideous pink and black. Since Once's going away, Giant just inked a deal to replace Pinarello as T-Mobile(Telekom) sponsors next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks alot like the GT timetrial bike from the Atlanta Olympics
Quote Reply
Funky Kestrel [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kestrel limited-edition Tiki KM40
The KM40 is distinctive in its smooth lines and lack of a seat tube, but its monocoque construction makes it cost-prohibitive to make a lot of sizes, so only two were ever offered, namely 52 and 56cm. The KM40 is being phased out in favor of the Airfoil Pro, which carries on the overall shape and seat-tube-free concept of the KM40 but in a modular construction. The Airfoil Pro is available in six sizes from 49 to 59cm incorporating six possible front ends with two possible rear ends and featuring 650C wheels on the smaller sizes and 700C wheels on the larger bikes.

But the swan song of the KM40 is not yet over. The Tiki paint job, designed by a native Hawaiian and guaranteed not to anger the island gods, would be one wild thing to have between your legs. Despite being completely hand-painted, the Tiki pattern only adds a couple hundred dollars to the price of some of the last available units of this legendary bike. This limited edition comes in 52cm size only.
Quote Reply
Re: Funky Kestrel [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...uhhh......huh..huh......ohhhhhhh...baaaaby...

...that has to be one of the coolest looking bikes i have EVER seen...

- The Who
Quote Reply