Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Injured! Looking for viewing and reading suggestions please!
Quote | Reply
Stepped on a magnolia cone, sprained my ankle. It'll all be fine, but in the meantime I'm a grumpy man. Home alone with two dogs that I can't walk.
Anyone have good suggestions to help me pass some time on the couch?
Not looking for the "I used to be a zzz, but now Ironman saved me and I'm an IRONMAN!" style motivational sermons.
I'd like to see a good documentary, or a proper instructional, maybe read a good biography?

NO
Quote Reply
Re: Injured! Looking for viewing and reading suggestions please! [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Netflix has Icarus, Barkley Marathons and a whole bunch of other stuff (names don’t come to mind right now).
Quote Reply
Re: Injured! Looking for viewing and reading suggestions please! [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love watching the Crossfit Games docs on netflix. Very slick, very entertaining.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Offroad to Athens - Documentary about qualifying for the US Mens MTB team at the Athens olympics

Ride the Divide - documentary on Tour Divide, self supported race on continental divide from Canada to Mexico

24 Solo - World champ Chris Eatough on his 7th consecutive title ( *Excellent* my wife stopped by for a minute and sat down to watch it all)

Bicycle Dreams - Race Across America documentary

" I take my gear out of my car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of of their lives shocks me. "
(opening lines from Tim Krabbe's The Rider , 1978
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Running with the Buffaloes - book diary/account of Colorado XC
The Perfect Mile -- book about 1st 4 min mile
Biopic of the Leeds Utd, Mgr. Brian Clough (a studio movie, but still good) (might not be Leeds...im not a PL guy...)
Google "147 Snooker" -- you laugh now...
Streif -- One Hell of a Ride -- documentary
Endless Summer -- not many things are sublime. this is sublime
A Sunday in Hell -- doc about Paris Roubaix
Last edited by: apmoss: Dec 12, 17 15:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you haven't read already Chrissie Wellington A Life Without Limits is one of my favourite books. Feel good story about an unlikely, humble champion, who never lost an Ironman race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Iron War
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The Sports Gene" by David Epstein, "Gold in the Water" by P. H. Mullen, and +1000 on "Iron War by Matt Fitzgerald. While 1 and 3 are self-explanatory, "Gold in the Water" may not be: it follows the training of about 7-8 swimmers at Santa Clara Swim Club on their road to the 2000 Oly Trials and, for the 1 or 2 who make it, through the games. If you like swimming, you'll love it but, even if you hate swimming, you might find it educational to see the workouts these guys do. Tom Wilkens, who made the Oly team and won a bronze in the 200 IM, not only swam 4 hr/day and did an hr on the weights, but also rode the stationary bike 2 hr/day to further build up his legs. Kurt Grote, who did not make the team, did same swim/weights, plus rode 50 miles outside on the hills around his house, so prob at least 2.5 hr/day. Just insane training IMO.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Documentaries that are all on Netflix (at least I watched them on Netflix. Didn't check to see that they're still available)

Plant Earth series always amazing if you haven't seen them.

Happy People: A Uear in the Taiga (super amazing!)

Jiro Dreams of Sushi (fun especially if you love sushi)

How We Got to Now (miniseries of modern things you have no appreciation for until you see these)

Good biography is Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks if you haven't read it.
Last edited by: blueapplepaste: Dec 13, 17 19:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McFarland, USA

The Long Green Line (on Amazon Prime Video)

Running Brave (if you haven't seen it already)

Larry Lahodny
Owner, Gizmo Socks
Henderson, NV
Quote Reply