Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Infinit Napalm
Quote | Reply
It looks like Infinit's taking their wares & moving into Gu's realm with the announcement of ':Napalm'. Has anyone been a part of the testing or gotten early access to try it out? They make some heady claims, I'm curious if anyone can verify/dispute what they're claiming.

https://www.infinitnutrition.us/...=9&idproduct=341

---

Iron Distance Race Selector
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [JBrashear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The name sounds like something a 13 year old would find cool, not an adult who appreciates the history of the original product.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [TriBiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBiker wrote:
The name sounds like something a 13 year old would find cool, not an adult who appreciates the history of the original product.

I also found the name to be a curious choice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully the name doesn't become a fun joke about the aftermath of consuming the product.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2. Horrific choice of name, is it a joke? I deleted the email immediately because of it. Seriously, how many people have died because of napalm? I get that napalm is a thickening agent, like their powder, but come on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got some early as part of their test program. It tastes great and is thinner than normal gels. Its not really a gel to tell the truth, just a high calorie liquid. I really liked it and will use it in the future.

The napalm name is something they asked us about, I didn't have a problem with it. Their other option was "Plasma", but that name doesn't make sense until you see the packaging.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had some for a few weeks, can't say it's better or worse than any other product yet, I've been a die-hard GU fan for years.

I've filled a fuelbelt flask with it so that's about 8oz and put half of it down at once. It was easy to drink and I didn't get sick to my stomach at all so my first results have been positive.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [bnation] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bnation wrote:
I got some early as part of their test program. It tastes great and is thinner than normal gels. Its not really a gel to tell the truth, just a high calorie liquid. I really liked it and will use it in the future.

The napalm name is something they asked us about, I didn't have a problem with it. Their other option was "Plasma", but that name doesn't make sense until you see the packaging.

Plasma seems like a significantly better option IMO. Napalm - war implications notwithstanding - just sounds too 'Idiocracy' to me. I'd expect Mountain Dew to use that name more than Infinit(a company I generally like BTW).

---

Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [tridoc3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridoc3 wrote:
TriBiker wrote:

I also found the name to be a curious choice.

My thoughts were a bit stronger, more like "what the F&!% were they thinking."

Still might give it a try, though, as long as they don't use that name on the shipping packaging. That might set off some alarms at USPS.

Victor

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a lot of people here need to lighten up
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [Lilac J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lilac J wrote:
Seriously, how many people have died because of napalm?

How many people have died because of shivs? Specialized should be ashamed!
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [beanmj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or Tiphoons, or Blades, or even Sabers....etc.

I wanna go fast!
Last edited by: ironmanatee: Apr 16, 12 10:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stuff tastes great i had the grape flavor and works as well

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:

Agree completely. This isn't even the first thing to be named 'napalm' within the sports supplement industry (there is a bodybuilding powder called 'napalm' as well). I would have thought that would have been more of an issue for Infinit. It may sound childish but it is not as if that is uncommon in this sport, after all 'Rocktane' (Gu's gel) is equally 'dumb', is a portmanteau, (naplam...'naphthenic acid' and 'palmitic acid'), of 'rocket' and 'octane' and both of those together have killed a fair few as well.

Anyway, Infinit's powder drinks have been top notch for me so I have ordered their 'gel' since I can't stand any of the current ones from the various other manufacturers.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been a big fan and user of Infinit products, but something is weirdly off-kilter here.

-------
Joe

Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [bnation] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bnation wrote:

Why? Is the packaging an IV bag?

I'm liking the "Plasma" name better, but will try it regardless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha ha I think it's funny their whole marketing is based on how nasty gels taste...I don't think I've had a bad one, any brand or any flavor...unless someone slips a licorice in on me I'm good with whatever they hand out at the aid stations

Coach at KonaCoach Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iron Buckeye wrote:
bnation wrote:

Why? Is the packaging an IV bag?

Pretty much. Not an actual IV bag of course, but it does look similar.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [Terra-Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try EFS Liquid Shot berry flavor. Its pretty bad. Most others I'm ok with, but that one is just terrible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will give it a shot when I do long course again. I generally concentrate the Infinit and squeeze a little in each water cup at the aid stations on the run.

I'm good for about 2 gels (doesn't matter the brand) and then its off to the toilet.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:

Really?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can someone who's used the regular product as a concentrate and napalm explain the difference? The concentrate is effectively a gel...
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [renolaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
renolaw wrote:
Can someone who's used the regular product as a concentrate and napalm explain the difference? The concentrate is effectively a gel...

If I understand correctly, Napalm isn't meant to be a gel but a gel replacement. The consistency for Napalm should be much thinner, almost like drinking water/gatorade, but able to be used in the same 100-calorie sizes as Gu gels.

---

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This appears to be an attempt on a direct copy of EFS Liquid Shot - per 400 calorie servings, the nutritional content lines up almost exactly. Par slightly less sugar in the Infinit concoction.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Napalm [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
This appears to be an attempt on a direct copy of EFS Liquid Shot - per 400 calorie servings, the nutritional content lines up almost exactly. Par slightly less sugar in the Infinit concoction.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I think that Napalm's use is meant as a easy way to carry calories without all the sloshing around. Given the availability of water on courses, I plan on keeping a couple of flasks of napalm powder and filling it with water as needed. I always hated the feeling of the water sloshing around in my pockets when I run plus I hate holding the gel wrappers . . .not good for the environment.
Quote Reply

Prev Next