Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Indoor Training software
Quote | Reply
Trying to find the best indoor riding software to help me improve my cycling this winter. I am using a Fenix 2 with Speed and Cadence sensor and have a basic Road Trainer.

My speed right now averages 21.4lm/hr and my cadence averages 65. I had to drop from Ironman Louisville in 2014 after poor cycling and I am doing IMMT 2016 and don't wish this to be a repeat issue.

If there is one that allows you to virtually ride courses, that would be cool as well.

Suggestions?

Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor Training software [trainerdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best is Trainerroad. But if you want entertainment then look at Zwift.

Your average cadence of 65 is incredibly low. If you spun quicker e.g. 90 then I bet your average speed would go up.
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor Training software [3DKiwi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I will look into that. And yes, I am slowly learning how bad my cadence really is. It is by far my weakest part and a reason why I had to drop last time. Very determined to work on that this year and change that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My suggestion would be to work on that cadence first, possibly over the next month. Don't worry about speed on the trainer or virtual power etc... just yet. Stay in the easiest gear you have to for holding a higher cadence for the duration of your workout. Watch some movies and spin away. It won't take long before a higher cadence becomes second nature and then hit the workouts harder.

My 2 cents anyway.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use http://www.zwift.com I have my own custom workouts so I don't need TrainerRoad anymore. I also use the Sufferfest workouts on Zwift along with virtual racing on Tuesday nights.
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor Training software [GAUG3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have a look at the Cycleops Virtual Training as well.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply