Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Im in between helmet sizes?
Quote | Reply
I did a search on this but didn't find much. I'm in the market for a new helmet, currently looking at the evade. My noggin is kind of small, I tried on the medium and tightened it down but overall it still felt a bit bigger than it should be for my head. I tried on the small and it fits and feels good except two small contact points on both sides of my head where it feels a bit snug. Sizing chart says small 20"-22 1/2", medium is 21 1/4-23 1/2" my noggin is 22 1/4.

Wondering if others have this issue, thought about going with the small and just modifying the two spots that are in question on my lumpy head. Thoughts on this?
Last edited by: SkipG: Oct 4, 15 18:58
Quote Reply
Re: Im in between helmet sizes? [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any particular reason you're set on the evade?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get the medium or look for a helmet shaped to fit your head better. Snug turns into throbbing headache over a long ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Im in between helmet sizes? [Nonojohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nonojohn wrote:
Any particular reason you're set on the evade?
not set on it, it was the only helmet my local shop had in stock that I was interested in the other day when I went in. Just getting back into training and racing and looking to buy a few new items.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Different brands may fit differently. For me Bell/Specialized fit better than Giro for the same sizes the last time I tried them. You'll have to find a shop that has different models/sizes/brands. Also some models may have different sets of pads you can change out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take HGH and grow into it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, I like the way the Evade looks and went to the local store to try one on and it just doesn't fit right....Seems like the fit was too narrow for my head and the next size up was huge... Some brands are just not for some heads
Quote Reply
Re: Im in between helmet sizes? [MadisonMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the exact same problem with the fit of the Evade.
Quote Reply
Re: Im in between helmet sizes? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did you end up going with that had a better fit? Guess I need to take a drive to find other options
Quote Reply