Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If I like brooks adrenaline&ravenna, what hokas should I try?
Quote | Reply
Like the thread title says. Looking to take advantage of a sale ( http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...hoka%20sale;#5716334 ), but don't know what to order.

I've previously tried the cliftons and think I liked them-but the insole always crept back & out of the shoe, so I returned them.

I also tend to put a set of small gel heel orthotics in after the shoes are well broken in, and have a history of Achilles tendinitis.

I do mostly Road/MUP running, 20-30 mpw. Working towards doubling that.

If that stuff changes any suggestions.
Quote Reply
Re: If I like brooks adrenaline&ravenna, what hokas should I try? [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just my n=1, but if you like a shoe, don't mess with it.

I tried to get on the Hoka bandwagon for about a year. Finally realized I really didn't like them at all. Back to Adidas.
Quote Reply
Re: If I like brooks adrenaline&ravenna, what hokas should I try? [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I diog the Ravenna's. I just retired my last pair of the 5's.

I've run 2x in a pair of Hoka Cliftons. 10 miles on Friday and 11.5 today.

It was NBD to swap from the 5's to the Hokas.

ymmv.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: If I like brooks adrenaline&ravenna, what hokas should I try? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But the Clifton isn't on sale. :(

Yeah, except for the sliding insole, I had no issues switching between adrenaline, Ravenna and cliftons.

Actually no, I didn't like walking or cycling in the cliftons, but that's NBD.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i was a confirmed adrenaline junky. i ended up with the bondi as my everyday trainer. that was, to me, the most direct analog.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: If I like brooks adrenaline&ravenna, what hokas should I try? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have always run in Adrenaline, and the local running store fit me with the Hoka Constant. Love them!

Quote | Reply
hoka decided to differentiate its line both by shoe models and by sales channels. there are shoes that get sold in the mass channel, and shoes that get sold at your local specialty run store. the constant gets sold in the mass channel. it's very similar to the bondi. if you went from the adrenaline to the constant it's a lot like going to the bondi. yes, you would like the constant if you're moving over from the adrenaline.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: If I like brooks adrenaline&ravenna, what hokas should I try? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Just my n=1, but if you like a shoe, don't mess with it. ...

^^This guy speaks the truth.

However, if the only reason you didn't like the shoe was because of the insole slipping, why not just put several large dabs of superglue around the ball and heel of the insole before placing back into the shoe? I would think that would solve things.
Quote Reply