Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Jeff Spicoli
Last edited by: Jeff Spicoli: Dec 22, 14 9:56
Re: If I Angered You Last Week Do Not Open This Post! [Jeff Spicoli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like it's time for new carpet.

And
Not offended, a bit brainwashed, and hoping your race does well.
Cool shirt too.

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: If I Angered You Last Week Do Not Open This Post! [Jeff Spicoli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your shoes are excessively blue, and the background is reminiscent of an ugly sweater party. Total douche move.

But I'd be all over this race if I didn't live on the good coast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do people still care that much about t shirts?

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff Spicoli wrote:
To those of you I insulted when I backhandedly accused you of being brainwashed by Ironman, I apologize (only a little bit).

I get the same level of sincerity out of my 4 year old when I tell him to apologize for hitting his sister.

I think the biggest difference between the two of you though is that my 4 year old can recognize a dead horse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who are you?!

:p
Quote Reply
Re: If I Angered You Last Week Do Not Open This Post! [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meathead wrote:
Jeff Spicoli wrote:
To those of you I insulted when I backhandedly accused you of being brainwashed by Ironman, I apologize (only a little bit).

I get the same level of sincerity out of my 4 year old when I tell him to apologize for hitting his sister.

I think the biggest difference between the two of you though is that my 4 year old can recognize a dead horse.
That line is funny right there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the sound of one of your posts, I thought this amazing race was a sell out and you didn't need to entice the ST crowd. Guess you still need some more noises to fill up the 100 slots.

You need to hire a better designer. That is dull. Like your Hokas!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
* wasn't offended
* thought you were more of a jackass than a douche
* like the shirt. I don't do races for the shirts but appreciate getting one I'm not embarrassed to wear
* love the shoes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good work getting the blood stains off the linoleum, jackwagon

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff,

Your race sounds epic, but would be better if you would encourage road bikes and drafting.

I like your attitude, it is refreshing.

Keep poking the bear!!

PS - The shirt and the carpet aren't my cup of tea.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope to do the race sometime, but won't be this year unfort.
Like the logo, but would be sooo much better on a black shirt (and an inch or two lower). I think all RDs, when designing a T-shirt, should ask themselves, would Keith Urban wear this T? Yours is close, so congrats. Most race Ts are mind-numbingly unimaginative and certainly not 'cool'.
Quote Reply
Re: If I Angered You Last Week Do Not Open This Post! [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meathead wrote:
Jeff Spicoli wrote:

LIKE!

I truly have learned how 'not' to apologize on this series of threads though. I do thank the OP for that ;-)

Founder of THE TRIATHLON COLLECTIVE (Closed Facebook Group). A SBR discussion group without the white noise/trolling!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff Spicoli wrote:
To those of you I insulted when I backhandedly accused you of being brainwashed by Ironman, I apologize (only a little bit). A few of you even said you wouldn't support my race, took your toys and left my sand box. One actually called me a douchebag.

That was interesting.

Either way, here is our new shirt and logo for those of you who are interested and / or signed up to the Sea to Summit Triathlon.
http://www.s2striathlon.com

NOT too cool a T ...... I'd probably just use it to wash my car with anyway. What do your medal and swim bag look like ..... hopefully they're more impressive ;-)

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: If I Angered You Last Week Do Not Open This Post! [dcsxtri10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought nobody raced for the backpack and medal? At least that is what everyone on ST tells me I should think.
Quote Reply
Re: If I Angered You Last Week Do Not Open This Post! [griffeyfan04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
griffeyfan04 wrote:
I thought nobody raced for the backpack and medal? At least that is what everyone on ST tells me I should think.
_____

What people SAY on ST versus what they do in real life are usually quite different .... no surprise there!!!

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meathead wrote:
Jeff Spicoli wrote:

This.

I wasn't offended
I did call you a douchebag
I still think you're a douchebag

This is your 3rd or 4th thread on this same subject.
Quote Reply
Re: If I Angered You Last Week Do Not Open This Post! [TylerJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TylerJ wrote:
Meathead wrote:
Jeff Spicoli wrote:

This.

I wasn't offended
I did call you a douchebag
I still think you're a douchebag

This is your 3rd or 4th thread on this same subject.

HOLLY JOLLY! This makes my day. Late contender for POTY!

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't really care much for tees or bags, though with this race, maybe a fleece would be more appropriate given how cold can be atop the mountain.

Definitely an epic race - don't worry about the McIronman crowd - wish there were more races like this out there.... Looks like a mini-Norseman kinda race to me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff Spicoli wrote:
To those of you I insulted when I backhandedly accused you of being brainwashed by Ironman, I apologize (only a little bit). A few of you even said you wouldn't support my race, took your toys and left my sand box. One actually called me a douchebag.

That was interesting.

Either way, here is our new shirt and logo for those of you who are interested and / or signed up to the Sea to Summit Triathlon.
http://www.s2striathlon.com

Would you like to fill out the Internet Butthurt Complaint Form?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you offer a T shirt, make it memorable like the black one for Norseman, the Blue one for Celtman

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should become a politician. Apologize for calling people brainwashed, and by implication a little bit stupid, and in the same breath compare them to little children. Great job!

Quote Reply
Re: If I Angered You Last Week Do Not Open This Post! [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to the OP:

1.) deleting your post doesn't do ty much good when it's been quoted several times already.
2.) probably should have not followed the Donald Sterling how to apologize plan
3.) despite all of this, and as an Ironman race fan I still want to do this race sometime. Unfortunately it doesn't fit my 2015 calendar so will have to wait for the v3.0 and updated t-shirt design.
Quote Reply
Re: If I Angered You Last Week Do Not Open This Post! [sdbanker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So on the webpage it says, "It's also a non-profit race meaning the vast majority of the profits are going back to two amazing charities". I wonder what percentage of the profits are not going to charity and what will they be used for? Is the organization a 501c3 and what is the tax ID number? Can one publicly call themselves a non-profit if they are not 501c3 (or other non-profit designation)?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Dec 24, 14 7:28
Quote Reply
Re: If I Angered You Last Week Do Not Open This Post! [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't think Dr. Jeff knows what a non-profit race really is. He is calling it a non-profit since any $ left over will be donated. He is trying to appeal to people who believe this is a good race to do for a cause.

He is full of BS on the non profit concept. He is not a 501c3 and I am sure he would get the tax deduction unless he incorporates his race.

Jeff - please tell us how much of your $29,000 in fees will be donated? What does your proforma P&L look like? While WTC will not show us, given your passion for this race, let's see what you really are planning.
Quote Reply