Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I want to re clear coat my zipp 808s, what about the brake track?
Quote | Reply
I have an older pair off 808s and would like to freshen them up with stickers and some fresh clear. My question is the withbrake track, are they cleared there from the factory or do you tape it off?

Heath
Quote Reply
Re: I want to re clear coat my zipp 808s, what about the brake track? [nemisis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clear will just rub off and could negatively affect braking power so I would just tape it off.
Quote Reply
Re: I want to re clear coat my zipp 808s, what about the brake track? [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely tape the brake track that way you know there won't be any adverse affects. The braking with a new clearcoat could be very bad.
Quote Reply
Re: I want to re clear coat my zipp 808s, what about the brake track? [nemisis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Armour All wipes work great at keeping the carbon looking new. A SRAM rep gave me that tip and it really does keep them looking nice. Obviously, you will not want rub it on the brake track but it does work.
Quote Reply
Re: I want to re clear coat my zipp 808s, what about the brake track? [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wouldn't the centrifugal force drive the armor all outwards on the wheel onto the brake track? that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen!
Quote Reply
Re: I want to re clear coat my zipp 808s, what about the brake track? [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The wipes are not super saturated. I have been doing this for about six months now with zero issues. I would not spray or douse with Armour All though, wipes only.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mask off the brake track. Do not clear it. You'll also want to mask off the spokes and spoke nipples (if you're leaving the spokes in).

---------------------------------------------------
Oregon Ducks Custom Painted Jack Kane: http://kanebikes.com/...l-bike-galleries/787
http://www.kanebikes.com/ || Road & Triathlon Bicycles. Custom Painting. Carbon Repair. Restoration. HQ'd in North Carolina
Quote Reply