Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I redid the cycling sock poll
Quote | Reply
we had a lot of "other". and a lot of zeros next to brands i wrote down. so i put it up a second time. brand new poll. if you want to click a radio button again this should give us (i hope) a more realistic outcome.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: I redid the cycling sock poll [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Save our Soles is a major custom sock company that probably belongs with DeFeet. I looked in my drawer and I have socks from 3 different teams and they are all SS. Maybe you should lump the custom sock companies together
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan, I currently wear socks from Save OurSoles, Swiftwick, DeFeet, Pearl Izumi, Louis Garneau, Vie13, and a couple of others. Radio button won't do it for me. Sorry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear different sock brands for different conditions. Wet? Smartwool. Hot? DeFeet. Brick, so a sock for cycling and running? Balega.
Quote Reply
Re: I redid the cycling sock poll [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never worn socks of any kind for TRI either bike or run.
Just get comfy shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suppose if I wear the same socks with my bike that I run in and wear with my board shorts and converse All-Stars, and they happen to be what comes in a big sock pack at the outlets that my wife buys on sale the answer is "Don't care?"

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a 3-pack of Hanes that I'll use for running and cycling.

I have DeFeet for "real" cycling socks, but haven't bought a new pair in probably 10 years. Other brands in my sock drawer (at least ones that I know the names of) are adidas, new balance, nike, and a few pair that are branded "Running Room" but I forget who makes them.

I'm not picky about sock brands. Anything works for me.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: I redid the cycling sock poll [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't wear socks when I bike but boy do my shoes stink!

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: I redid the cycling sock poll [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Don't wear socks when I bike but boy do my shoes stink!

exactly.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run and ride in Feetures.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My sock fetish runs deep and is enabled by owning a few LBS's. I do for socks what Imelda Marcos did for shoes.

I have worn all but one of the socks on the your poll. My all time favorites however are the CEPs, and the new Specialized SLs.
Quote Reply
Re: I redid the cycling sock poll [Najo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on Feetures

Brian

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bontrager socks for cycling and running. They are perfect.

Quote | Reply
I don't worry about cycling socks too much. I just wear Hanes socks from Target so I checked "Don't Care." Now for running, it's all SwiftWick all the time. But I don't find they do anything for me on the bike. Just lucky I guess. Also, I am definitely a "sock-guy" for the office -- I have lots of cool socks from various places. I really like Stance socks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
we had a lot of "other". and a lot of zeros next to brands i wrote down. so i put it up a second time. brand new poll. if you want to click a radio button again this should give us (i hope) a more realistic outcome.
This poll doesn't have a question. What's the question? Favorite brand? Last brand purchased? Best quality? Best price? I didn't see a previous poll.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dan,
When we vote in a poll, why do we have to make one more click to see the results? Can't you make the results appear immediately after we vote?
Thanks, John
Quote Reply
Re: I redid the cycling sock poll [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
Hi Dan,
When we vote in a poll, why do we have to make one more click to see the results? Can't you make the results appear immediately after we vote?
Thanks, John

First world problems.
Quote Reply
Re: I redid the cycling sock poll [Najo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Najo wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:
Hi Dan,
Thanks, John

First world problems.

Customer Experience Improvement opportunity. Dan cares about improving the experience for the forum users and welcomes input.
Quote Reply
Re: I redid the cycling sock poll [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
Save our Soles is a major custom sock company that probably belongs with DeFeet. I looked in my drawer and I have socks from 3 different teams and they are all SS. Maybe you should lump the custom sock companies together

As far as I know, the vast majority of custom socks are made by Defeet. Save our Soles, Ridge Supply, Ten Speed Hero, earlier Sako7, Handlebar Moustache and many others - they all have the same basic sock structure and material, and since many of them readily admit to being made by Defeet I'm guessing the others are, too.

I love the Defeet stuff for cycling, a bit less for running. Swiftwick and Assos duathlon.Socks are my go-to for that.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: I redid the cycling sock poll [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like the Brav socks: http://bravsocks.co.uk/
Quote Reply