Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I pulled the plug on the Garmin Epix.
Quote | Reply
I did not want to wait for the Epix any longer so I ordered these two instead. I Just got done unboxing them.The Epix was suppose to already be in my possession but the date kept being pushed back, so I went with the 920 for training and the Vivoactive for daily use and some training. I don’t think I’ll regret it but who knows. I will say that from videos and pics the Epix looks a little too big. Anyone have the 920 and Vivoactive? Any thoughts?[/url][/img]
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the plug on the Garmin Epix. [MZack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Why not get the Fenix 3 and have an every day watch and all the training features of the 920?
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the plug on the Garmin Epix. [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The added weight is not that big of an issue but the round face is. I like square watches. I've read about some people complaining the round face crowds the data windows.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the Fenix 2 is anything to go by, you made the right decision.

Gosh it was truly awful. Couldn't do accurate pace to save itself.

I traded mine in for an Edge 810 and a Forerunner 15 (that I also use for swimming, on timer mode).

Edge 810 has more data displayed, and guidance, and the FR15 has brilliant accuracy for running - I put on an absolute pacing clinic in my last HM thanks to that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the plug on the Garmin Epix. [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aarondb4 wrote:

Why not get the Fenix 3 and have an every day watch and all the training features of the 920?

Perhaps I am just a tri-dork but my 920 works just fine as an every day watch as long as I am not required to dress up (which is 99.999% of the time)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MZack, I think you will be happy with your recently acquired duo, just like you would, had you waited a bit longer for the Epix. The Epix replaced the 920XT as my training watch (day-to-day), AND the 910XT as my reference (key workouts/races) watch from now on. The Epix with firmware version 2.20 sets the bar pretty high. Give it another four or five software updates and Polar and Suunto will be in a bit of a tough spot as far as developing a multisport watch worth mass producing and marketing to the triathlete.
Quote Reply